Chevrolet Volt to do 230 MPG in the city

Status
Not open for further replies.

20InchChrome

In a major announcement by General Motors CEO Fritz Henderson, it has now been confirmed that the 2011 Chevrolet Volt will be rated at 230 MPG city. GM claims this will be the first mass-produced vehicle to achieve triple-digit fuel economy numbers. Fritz also states that GM is confident the new Volt will get a "triple digit" number for highway fuel economy as well. To charge the Volt to a full charge will cost about 40 cents!

BREAKING: Chevrolet Volt rated at 230 MPG!! - GM Inside News Forum

I have very little faith in seeing the Volt on sale. Maybe another electric car but certainly not before 2020 it's just too soon they still have load of money to make with gas and mechanics.

The states will never let it get released... too much money is gonna be lost.. but i dont undertsand... 40 miles per charge... 300miles... how is that 230 MPG...

Thanks to the mass media and thanks to the gullible American public... this is news.

I'll believe it when I see it!

Same here, only time will tell if this vehicle lives up to the its expectations, but if Toyota had come out with the same announcement concerning their Prius everybody would be praising them as the saviors of the automobile industry.

Same here, only time will tell if this vehicle lives up to the its expectations, but if Toyota had come out with the same announcement concerning their Prius everybody would be praising them as the saviors of the automobile industry.

One major difference, Toyota seems to actually want to sell their hybrid/new technology vehicles...

btw i've touched and worked around some GM volt parts and it is very well alive... some good engineering and engineers from Quebec are working on some specific parts... :bigup:

Hope everything goes through and production starts!

Bof GM sont des minables et il est certain qu'il arrivera à la Volt ce qui s'est passé avec l'EV1. Les pétrolières n'aimeront pas trop qu'on se détourne de notre dépendance au pétrole... Domage !

RIP Volt

(Je souhaite réellement me tromper mais regardant le passé de GM on dénote une très faible vision à long terme de leurs gestionnaires)

I'm surprised at the skepticism in the thread. The Volt is scheduled to be in showrooms by fall 2010 or in a little over a year form now. The problem with the vehicle is that it will cost $40K. That is way too much for most people and the gas companies are not worried.

I know Toyota and other automakers are developing vehicles similar to the Volt but are probably keeping a low profile until they are ready to avoid bad press if there is a problem.

Not until its mandated that all new cars be plug in hybrids by the government will gas companies worry about loosing money. A mandate probably wont happen until the world runs out of gas anyways.

Pour avoir lu les specs de la volt et sa technologie j'a vraiment hate qu'elle sorte sur le marché et personnellement j'y crois réellement.

C'est probablement l'hybrid la plus avancé a ce jour en tant que véhicule de production.

Close, but the real problem is that it's a CHEVY that's going to cost 40k+

They should market it as a Caddy :dunno:

^ why? so that it'll be a caddy with shitty interior plastics and cheap feel?

it won't be a good enough car(minus all this econo-box hoopla) to bear a caddy name.

this is not official certified EPA mileage.
They lobbied the government to do the test a certain way that benefited them.

I predict this blowing up in their face. I really hope its doesn't but this seems just to good to be true.

^ why? so that it'll be a caddy with shitty interior plastics and cheap feel?

it won't be a good enough car(minus all this econo-box hoopla) to bear a caddy name.

Yeah, but no one's gonna buy a $40 000 Chevy Prius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back