Revo or Unitronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fix

Legacy Member
Probably been asked many times..
I just bought a 2006 A4 2.0T, my 1st performance mode will be a chip, I've been reading around and I think either Revo or Unitronic might be the right choice for me.

What you guys think (from real experience please)?

Also I really like the Titanium wheels available on the B7, sadly only replica i've found is from VRM running on 19' which is too big for me considering my car is a daily and I do over 500kms/week on every type of road. Tried on Vortex for used OEMs, searched the net all over.. can't find a similar looking wheel in 18'.

I also need a local price for H&R sport springs for the B7 (installed).

:bigup:

Probably been asked many times..
I just bought a 2006 A4 2.0T, my 1st performance mode will be a chip, I've been reading around and I think either Revo or Unitronic might be the right choice for me.

What you guys think (from real experience please)?

Also I really like the Titanium wheels available on the B7, sadly only replica i've found is from VRM running on 19' which is too big for me considering my car is a daily and I do over 500kms/week on every type of road. Tried on Vortex for used OEMs, searched the net all over.. can't find a similar looking wheel in 18'.

I also need a local price for H&R sport springs for the B7 (installed).

:bigup:

Unitronic a un reseau de distribution correct au canada mais leur tuning est vraiment, mais vraiment pas la coche.

Revo par contre c est vraiment top .

Encore mieux contacte des shops aux etats unis comme VAST, EPL, AWE.

Unitronic plus jamais pour moi et tout les avis sur audizine.com disent la meme chose. Dla marde.

Merci Rickson, je pense plus localement je vais contacter rombotis qui est fournisseur Revo.
Quelles sont les problemes que tu as eu avec unitronic?

Unitronic a un reseau de distribution correct au canada mais leur tuning est vraiment, mais vraiment pas la coche.

Revo par contre c est vraiment top .

Encore mieux contacte des shops aux etats unis comme VAST, EPL, AWE.

Unitronic plus jamais pour moi et tout les avis sur audizine.com disent la meme chose. Dla marde.

dsl mais tu ne peux pas etre plus dans le champs avec tes commentaires

dsl mais tu ne peux pas etre plus dans le champs avec tes commentaires

T'es gentil J'Ai testé AWE , Unitronic et VAST donc j'En parle en connaissance de cause. Va sur audizine.com fais des recherches et tu verras. Unitronic est reputé pour des fluctuations de boost des target mal atteints . SUr les 2.7TT leur stage 3 est juste catastrophique. C'est la shop la moins réputé. Désolé si ca te gosse.

Revo est excellent. TU ne peux pas etre plus dans le champ avec ton commentaire a moins que tu puisses faire part de ton experience et / ou de lien qui l'appuient.

J'ai Revo sur mon 2.0T et je dois avouer que je suis tres satisfait! Tres bon produit, tres bon support. En plus tu peux ajuster ton boost, timing, et fuel...donc si tu veux tu peuxnavoir un setup plus agressif ou moins agressif. Unitronic ya rien de sa.
J'ai aussi entendu des mauvaise choses sur unitronic.

T'es gentil J'Ai testé AWE , Unitronic et VAST donc j'En parle en connaissance de cause. Va sur audizine.com fais des recherches et tu verras. Unitronic est reputé pour des fluctuations de boost des target mal atteints . SUr les 2.7TT leur stage 3 est juste catastrophique. C'est la shop la moins réputé. Désolé si ca te gosse.

Revo est excellent. TU ne peux pas etre plus dans le champ avec ton commentaire a moins que tu puisses faire part de ton experience et / ou de lien qui l'appuient.

I've ran revo on my first 1.8t and the fueling was completly off.

Unitronic had issues on the 440cc files at first (as did all the tuners in the first years) but the 630cc has always been great and the 440 has been fixed since. Unitronic has spent considerable amount of time in the past few years in R&D, they even have an engine dyno and plenty of engine setups to make sure all their files are spot on. I ran their BT630 file and even in winter it was running perfect. On the 2.0t uni has constently been putting out more power.

All the major players have great files now (upsolute is gone, thank god) but unitronic is local and they are always improving.

You can give me a call, Unitronic all the way, thoulsands of customers can't be wrong.

Like I said, they are local (wich is a big plus to some of us) and I've never seen any other tuners spend as much time on improving their products. It's a no-brainer.

Et contacter EPL pour des avis...HA!

Last edited:
BTW you get a 30days satisfaction or money back with Unitronic, so what do you have to lose?

@ REDLINE - I did a search, on different forums too, and came to the conclusion to go with either Revo or Unitronic. I wanted to know what people locally have to say (on the 2.0t, idc much for other engines).

@ VwAlex - I'll call you next week, thanks for feedback.

I've ran revo on my first 1.8t and the fueling was completly off.

Unitronic had issues on the 440cc files at first (as did all the tuners in the first years) but the 630cc has always been great and the 440 has been fixed since. Unitronic has spent considerable amount of time in the past few years in R&D, they even have an engine dyno and plenty of engine setups to make sure all their files are spot on. I ran their BT630 file and even in winter it was running perfect. On the 2.0t uni has constently been putting out more power.

All the major players have great files now (upsolute is gone, thank god) but unitronic is local and they are always improving.

You can give me a call, Unitronic all the way, thoulsands of customers can't be wrong.

Like I said, they are local (wich is a big plus to some of us) and I've never seen any other tuners spend as much time on improving their products. It's a no-brainer.

Et contacter EPL pour des avis...HA!
Probably, that was not my point, but they still remain far from APR / AWE and very far from VAST or EPL.
An important remark you made is that some tuners handle better some engine (like 2.0L T) than others in the same brand....

Everyone know that peak hp /tq isn t the main goals, the whole curves, the reliability, timing and response are a way more important factors....

For stage 1 - 2 I dont know peolple who run 630cc....

Anyway This my opinion comming from my experience and discussions with many people... I hope others opinion ... to debate is always interesting...

A last point, I always prefer a homemade tuning like VAST ans EPL solutions totally suitable for a given setup ... instead of chip which dont care about your kind of exhaust., intake....

Probably, that was not my point, but they still remain far from APR / AWE and very far from VAST or EPL.
An important remark you made is that some tuners handle better some engine (like 2.0L T) than others in the same brand....

Everyone know that peak hp /tq isn t the main goals, the whole curves, the reliability, timing and response are a way more important factors....

For stage 1 - 2 I dont know peolple who run 630cc....

Anyway This my opinion comming from my experience and discussions with many people... I hope others opinion ... to debate is always interesting...

A last point, I always prefer a homemade tuning like VAST ans EPL solutions totally suitable for a given setup ... instead of chip which dont care about your kind of exhaust., intake....

EPL is laughable at best as a tuner.

I have a VAST stg3 car in here and it keeps flooding itself in the colder weather. There is always someone who is going to have issue with a products, it oculd be because of the tune, the surrounding hardware, climatic conditions or the user/installer, you can't make assumptions on 1 particular experience. And IMHO how the tuners react to those problems is more important, than if they have issues or not.

BUT ALL OF THIS is if you are running custom files, and that's where you'll have fine tuning to do. But for a stg1 car, all the major brands have great files, uni has the added bonus of great distribution and local help.

unitronic all the way for me ! never had problem with them and the costumer service is awesome ! i dont know about revo... but it always good and bad things about everything

Considering I have seen and worked on more cars that you ever will, I can say with confidence that Unitronic has the best product out there. It is also why I became a dealer for them when I had the choice of all the others.

By looking on every forum, you will always find someone happy and another pissed at the same product... Specially for software, so many factors can influence a tune to go bad ( example bad spark plugs) and the kid is sure it's the chip's fault...

Me have stage 2 revo on my 2.0L fsi A4, love it !

Flexible, you can play with timing and boost !

I'm sure unitronic or eurodyne are as good it just depends who you will ask to.

But serioulys, someone will probably say REVO is shit, but a fact is it works flawless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back