Style (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicBug

I never liked old American cars. I thought they were slow, too big, inefficient, etc. I never understood why they were made like this. Until I looked at some of the '60's car ads on http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/

I suddenly got it - what makes these cars so special. They don't have to be fast or technologically advanced. It doesn't matter. Those cars are all about style. They were very wide, very long, and very heavy. And they were amazing. It's a huge shame that 1973's oil crisis killed them and we'll never have the opportunity to drive around in a brand new car that has as much style as one of these.

l-puo7euccj0xezo.jpg

l-lid8ptmn2lezs1.jpg

x4pxa487jih0zz.jpg

jb4xjb7bidliqw.jpg

2mu75byfhsawvu.jpg

6cnodrhb5w4sqv.jpg

b7oq0seiieej2c.jpg

rqyf1jwe2hmyv7.jpg

vkdkn8qhan86tb.jpg

rwyq9bz6x4u7hl.jpg

ekizu6xyhb3sev.jpg

hu4mzb3l6m8xnl.jpg

btw please feel free to post more, here's the link, it has a lot of posters http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/cars-ads-1960s

Finally, another convert to the cause of Style!

Sometimes, it isn't how fast you get there, but how you get there.
(I think M-B had a similar tag line)

3868564709_a863a19151.jpg

Cette 300sdl me satisfait dans le genre gros bateau, classe, sobre, élégant, bien balancé, presque fuel efficient. Les autos des 60's, ca fait 5m50 et ca avait une habitabilité ordinaire, un coffre avec aucune hauteur etc. C'est pas juste la crise du pétrol, c'était pas pratique pour des bagages et la ville. J'en aime certaines mais la plupart c'est pas ben beau.

Je vais prendre le modèle réduit Toyota.
pro0177_tcm317-244499_1831_p8on_zoom.jpg

C'était une autre époque... Imagine le soir roulant topless sous les etoiles qui éclaire la route 66 avec au loins les néons des petites ville assis dans un Impala 59....

59impala.jpg

Le pays entier était en révolution, le travailleur s'affairait sur des chantiers immenses tel des ponts, des grattes-ciel, etc. Le pays au complet voyait gros!!!

Mon grand-père ne finissait plus de me raconté ses histoires de rouler a 120 mph sur la 401 avec son Buick Electra 225 de 455 pc.

'' On faisait 70 heures au chantiers de Frederiction pis après on descendait 120 mph sa 20 jusqu'au Flamingo''

Ignoré la symbolique de l'époque sur la raison de ces grosses voitures serait inacceptable!!

Broody, please, STFU.
You have zero logic. You complain about the cars from the sixties having shallow trunks, and you post a pic of a Toyota sardine can with 1/4 the luggage space.

This thread is about celebrating the long, low and wide style. Function came as a result of style. Toyota built what, 3 cars that had some style, the rest are appliances.

Broody, please, STFU.
You have zero logic. You complain about the cars from the sixties having shallow trunks, and you post a pic of a Toyota sardine can with 1/4 the luggage space.

This thread is about celebrating the long, low and wide style. Function came as a result of style. Toyota built what, 3 cars that had some style, the rest are appliances.

Ignore the guy's comments lol.

Broody, please, STFU.

The sardine has great style for it's size, and the passenger room was decent.

I never liked old American cars. I thought they were slow, too big, inefficient, etc. I never understood why they were made like this. Until I looked at some of the '60's car ads on

most of them are not very slow, they are actually pretty fast, have you ever been in a 70's muscle car? they go good, and considering how much gas they use they can easily crank out 400hp + 400 tq if tuned (to start) most of them werent that big, you could easily + comfortably fit whole family + luggage in there, which was the intention, not like todays crapboxes where i can hardly cram children in there, but hey it gets 40MPG, and only your back suffers.

most of them are not very slow, they are actually pretty fast, have you ever been in a 70's muscle car? they go good, and considering how much gas they use they can easily crank out 400hp + 400 tq if tuned (to start) most of them werent that big, you could easily + comfortably fit whole family + luggage in there, which was the intention, not like todays crapboxes where i can hardly cram children in there, but hey it gets 40MPG, and only your back suffers.

oublie sa 40 MGP avec un v8 a carburateur de 400hp

dans ses ranges de hp la c'est des big block et dison que l'économie d'essence étais pas vraiment important a l'époque;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back