OUCH, Anyone here ever herniate a disc in your lower back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppaP

i was at the gym a month ago doing a core circuit and I injured myself. Since then I've had pain in my lower back on the right side 24/7. It hurts the most when I go from a seated position to a standing position. I'm also unable to train and spend a lot of time in bed these days.

I went to a chiropractor who pretty much diagnosed me with a lower back disc herniation. I did 10 or so session with the chiro and it hasn't helped...

i'm just wondering if any of you guys have had this injury or know somebody who has it and the available treatment options, thanks a lot!

Yep.

There are a few threads on back pain here and I have posted quite a bit on the subject and my Surgery that followed years of issues. Ill try and search for the threads to help you out. Back pain is terrible but if you do the right things you can stop it before it gets worse and get your self back to normal.

Edit, heres one old thread:
http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=633054&highlight=back

and another:

http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=427254&highlight=back+pain

i was at the gym a month ago doing a core circuit and I injured myself. Since then I've had pain in my lower back on the right side 24/7. It hurts the most when I go from a seated position to a standing position. I'm also unable to train and spend a lot of time in bed these days.

I went to a chiropractor who pretty much diagnosed me with a lower back disc herniation. I did 10 or so session with the chiro and it hasn't helped...

i'm just wondering if any of you guys have had this injury or know somebody who has it and the available treatment options, thanks a lot!

Youre pretty much fucked for the rest of your life unless you get operated. Operations I THINK are risky.

I got an hernia in the middle of my back since im 19. Been suffering from time to time when I put too much pressure on it (forcer au travail par exemple).

J ai beaucoup de difficulte avec le nerf sciatique a cause de ca de temps en temps quand je force trop. C'est l'enfer.

Youre pretty much fucked for the rest of your life unless you get operated. Operations I THINK are risky.

I got an hernia in the middle of my back since im 19. Been suffering from time to time when I put too much pressure on it (forcer au travail par exemple).

J ai beaucoup de difficulte avec le nerf sciatique a cause de ca de temps en temps quand je force trop. C'est l'enfer.

+1.
you are fucked for life.

i have the same crap.

wow this is miss information!

You are not at all fu*ked for life. I know a ton of people that had very bad backs and with proper stretching, anti inflammatories, core strengthening and change of sleeping habits they are now fine doing everything they use to do. 99% of people with disk problems do not need to get operated on. The majority of people can have a herniated disk and get over it in time and not have to worry again. They just have to see the right people and do the right things.

I unfortunately have degeneration so severe that my disk just blew up wrapping particles around my s1 causing bad permanent sciatica requiring surgery to take it out.

If you have had a bad back for years and its not getting better you need to see someone better then you have.

J'en ai eu une majeur quand j'avais 17 ans .. Moi aussi c'est arrivé au gym. Va pas voir le chiro sa sert a rien pour sa, le best c'est physio mais encore la sa fait juste diminuer un peu. Moi ce qui ma vraiment aider a été une piqure de cortisone directement dans le nerf. Comme tout le monde le dit, tu risque de le rescentir longtemps encore. J'ai 21 ans et j'ai encore des douleur avec mon nerf sciatique du a mon hernie discale.

wow this is miss information!

You are not at all fu*ked for life. I know a ton of people that had very bad backs and with proper stretching, anti inflammatories, core strengthening and change of sleeping habits they are now fine doing everything they use to do. 99% of people with disk problems do not need to get operated on. The majority of people can have a herniated disk and get over it in time and not have to worry again. They just have to see the right people and do the right things.

I unfortunately have degeneration so severe that my disk just blew up wrapping particles around my s1 causing bad permanent sciatica requiring surgery to take it out.

If you have had a bad back for years and its not getting better you need to see someone better then you have.

Then by all means SHARE THIS INFO YOU GOT :D

Who do I need to see?

Then by all means SHARE THIS INFO YOU GOT :D

Who do I need to see?

I recommend seeing a GP, Physio and a Naturopath.If the ones you see are useless, see different ones. I went through a ton of Doctors and Physio places before i found the right ones.

First step. See a GP. While most are not back experts, they can schedule an MRI for you and get you anti inflammatories if your pain is consistent with a herniated or bulged disk. Sometimes, its just a pulled muscle.

While waiting, go to a good physio. They will give you the proper stretches (sometimes its as simple as keeping your hamstrings flexible) and excesses to keep your core strong and take pressure on the spine. Once you get the MRI you now what is going on in there. If its so bad that its never going to get better and you cant walk and are screwed then they will send you to see an Ortho for a consultation. As a tip, after you get the MRI done, if your back is feeling really bad, go to the emergency room tell them you are in extreme pain and your back hurts. when you see the Doc, tell him you just had an MRI. They will pull up your MRI and that way, someone will take a look at it fast and you wont have to wait months.

If they don't, its more then likely that following a proper exercise routine, stretches, even food (many are anti inframatory or can help build disk strength) will do the job. It may take a while but i literally can not count the number of people i know who have had bad back problems and got over it and move on.

First step. See a GP. While most are not back experts, they can schedule an MRI for you and get you anti inflammatories if your pain is consistent with a herniated or bulged disk. Sometimes, its just a pulled muscle.

While waiting, go to a good physio. They will give you the proper stretches (sometimes its as simple as keeping your hamstrings flexible) and excesses to keep your core strong and take pressure on the spine. Once you get the MRI you now what is going on in there. If its so bad that its never going to get better and you cant walk and are screwed then they will send you to see an Ortho for a consultation. As a tip, after you get the MRI done, if your back is feeling really bad, go to the emergency room tell them you are in extreme pain and your back hurts. when you see the Doc, tell him you just had an MRI. They will pull up your MRI and that way, someone will take a look at it fast and you wont have to wait months.

If they don't, its more then likely that following a proper exercise routine, stretches, even food (many are anti inframatory or can help build disk strength) will do the job. It may take a while but i literally can not count the number of people i know who have had bad back problems and got over it and move on.

Muchos gracias!!

Yeah big thanks AC.

how's your back doing?

Better, but as i have a chronic disease its never going to be great. Right now i have no L5 and my L3 is bulged but as long as i do the right things its better and i can still snowboard and go to the gym.

Hope yours gets better and even though you want to be in bed and rest, dont do that a lot. Its one of the worst things you can do. just switch up what you do but try your best to stay active. example: no more crunches but do a bridge instead or instead of heavy standing arm curls, try lower weight preachers etc oh and Advil, not Tylenol.

*tu*

K if you have never had a herniated disk in your back than STFU. You are by no means fucked for life. You do not need to be operated on. I did this about 2 years back doing circuit training for football. Go see a physio therapist and that will be the end of it. From what I remember, lots of heat followed by cold, followed by wtv stretching you can do. I suggest a hot water bottle for your back. I suggest any Action Sport, Kinatex or wtv clinic you can go to. 4 sessions later i was fine. Call ASAP from what I remeber the pain was so unbearable I could not drive or sleep properly. I feel for you bro.

I've dealt with this pain for about 8 years now, I'm actually in pretty bad pain right this very second. Landscaping and scrapping are probably not the things I need to be doing to get my back any better.
Then again, now that I have insurance, I should be seeing someone about this, I don't want to feel like this forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back