What do you do when your big rig runs out of gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk2-2jz

use a 4 liter cherry can to fill it up!

saw this today on hymus blvd, totally blocking left turning lane. Me and my bro were lol'ing so hard at the tinyness of the can

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

I'm sure he got real far

i thought if a diesel ran out of gas you couldn't just fill it and start it. on top gear they said something about needing to prime the system first.

i thought if a diesel ran out of gas you couldn't just fill it and start it. on top gear they said something about needing to prime the system first.

True. Diesel runs with a lot more fuel pressure than gasoline...if you run out of fuel and air gets in your lines you have to bleed it before you can start or the engine runs like shit, if it does run.

It's not too hard though, just loosening the feed lines and cranking until fuel comes out without bubbles, one injector at a times...only takes a few seconds.

J'ai travaillé sur un ''road service'' pour camion pendant un an, pi souvent quand un truck manquait de gaz, j'arrivait la avec deux 5 gallons de fuel, j'remplissait la tank principale, tu pousse un peu d'air dans la tank, tu ''crosse'' la priming pump si y'en a une, un peu de brake clean dans le filtreur, pi ca devrait partir, certain moteur on une pompe electrique, donc tu met la clée a on, tu le laisse se primé, pi tu y pousse un peu de brake cleaner pi ca part. Après y s'arrange tous seul pour trouvé d'autre fuel.

for sure a can of gas is not enought maybe he did multiple trip to the gas station fill up is little can lol or maybe he has other can in the cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back