Rare Austin which stood in garage for 50 years discovered... and starts first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Legacy Member
Rare Austin which stood in garage for 50 years discovered... and starts first time!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-garage-50-years-discovered--starts-time.html

article-1261950-08EB446B000005DC-186_634x562.jpg

What kind of garage was it in for it to have worn so badly? I understand that 50 years is a long time but how does it just rust and decay by not moving? Someone explain this phenomenon to me please.

What kind of garage was it in for it to have worn so badly? I understand that 50 years is a long time but how does it just rust and decay by not moving? Someone explain this phenomenon to me please.

His father brouth it in 1929 and stopped driving it in 1961. Thats 32 years on the road :yikes:. Moreover, if there was humidity in the garage...

It has been driven before. Rock chips remove paint, humidity creates rust and make the paint peel off. 50 years is a LONG TIME. Paint quality and body pannels at the time probably was not the best available either.

It has been driven before. Rock chips remove paint, humidity creates rust and make the paint peel off. 50 years is a LONG TIME. Paint quality and body pannels at the time probably was not the best available either.

The body is made of fabric (cloth) for those wondering what happened to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back