Ted Bird on why he left CHOM and opinion on state of MTL radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the article, he makes it seem like there was a period of time when chom was a great rock station. Not to burst teds bubble, but while it sucks that astral took over, chom's choice of music sucks. it sucked before astral was in the picture, it sucked when they switched to classic rock, and it sucked before that when they would play very cheesy top 40 hits.

It's too bad the working conditions changed, but in terms of good rock music, when compared to stations in other cities/provinces, chom has always been way down in the bottom of the list.

After reading the article, he makes it seem like there was a period of time when chom was a great rock station. Not to burst teds bubble, but while it sucks that astral took over, chom's choice of music sucks. it sucked before astral was in the picture, it sucked when they switched to classic rock, and it sucked before that when they would play very cheesy top 40 hits.

It's too bad the working conditions changed, but in terms of good rock music, when compared to stations in other cities/provinces, chom has always been way down in the bottom of the list.

So what's good rock music asides from the floyd, CCR, Boston, Led Zeppelin, Santana etc they used to play all the time? Seems like good rock to me.

CHOM = Rush .

Jtellement écoeuré d'entendre du Rush. C'est pas comme si c'étais le groupe de l'heure esti !

CHOM = Rush .

Jtellement écoeuré d'entendre du Rush. C'est pas comme si c'étais le groupe de l'heure esti !

Et les autres radios offrent du meilleur contenu? Et justement, CHOM passait du contenu différent des autres. Combien de fois poker face jouais en même temps sur 3 postes de radios différents?!? Je pensais que c'était mon radio qui était brisé lol. Thank God XM radio

I think he needs to get over himself. He sounds like a dinosaur.. like old school people saying 'computers are taking our jobs!'

Dont get me wrong, I actually used to like listening to him on the morning show, even though the music sucked (montreal music radio has always sucked) and now the station has slid even further downhill.

Chom has the bud show... which is probly the best afternoon radio in mtl.. other than that, the morning show has definitely sucked for a long time.

the music for a while sucked... now its getting better IMHO..

but i agree classic rock is classic rock!!! remember they have record labels that pay good money for chom to play there stuff all the time... and they have to play an amount of Canadian music and such alot of boundaries now.. its how they make money.

but its true that 50's radio such as in the good old car movies is over now.. and thats just how it is..

i always got my USB/CD MP3 radio hooked up..

Montreal radio blows, we're light years away from other much smaller cities in terms of variety and quality. Although I heard the french stations are pretty good, but I don't listen to french radio.

Well said. It was nice of him to come out and say it. CHOM has lost a lot of talent over the years. The biggest hit IMO was Terry DeMonte leaving the team. It was never the same after.

The music was repetitive but I enjoyed him on air. Pete Merrier pisses me off so much, he's so lame. i haven't heard PJ Stock yet since he only comes in at 7 and once at work i listen to my mp3 player. Kim Rossi was way better than Chantal too.

Too Tall is the only real credible person working there anymore, maybe Randy Renaud (speeling?)

Nah Bilal's pretty good, afternoon show.. he makes me laugh, young dude, very witty.. and he plays the same bands as CHOM always does, just the different songs. I listen every day at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back