Honda S2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery1

hey guys, i'm thinking of getting a honda s2000.. but i need to drive it all year long.. Does anyone know how it would handle in winter?

It depends, if you know how to control it then it would handle very well in the winter.

Otherwise probably not, since it's a light rwd car.

Just make sure to get it rustproofed! *tu*

if you cannot afford a winter car then you cannot afford a s2000... 1000000% not a winter car even with studs, chains or any type of winter tires!

very small car for an all year round car not much luggage space so your very limited.....much better if u drove it summer and got a shitbox for the winter even if the shitbox is $200 bucks

I cant imagine it being a good all year car. It weighs like 1500 pounds and is rwd
not good for winter driving

Vous capotez pour rien, on est pas en Sibérie ici!, cette hiver on a eu quoi 8-10 tempête de neige? Le reste on c'est promener les pneus sur l'asphalte. Et la S2000 fait très bien la job l'hiver, car elle a un LSD et vu que la cabine est petite sa prend pas trop de temps à chauffé.

Fait juste t'assurer d'avoir une avec une vitre en arrière et non un plastique pour avoir le défrost je crois 2002+ ou 2003+ une petite recherche wiki te le dira.

Son seul défaut c'est sa garde au sol, mais encore une fois je vois pas une fois l'hiver passé ou j'aurais pu rester pris si j'aurais roulé en s2000. Parle en a eg_10 sur le forum il roule sa S2000 l'hiver, donc tant qu'à moi un bon traitement anti-rouille et des bon pneus et hop!

Si Ya tellement de VGA disponible au Québec, a cause que ya plein de monde qui pogne le champ, j'aimagine même pas en hivers c quoi ca doit donner lol

Moi J'ai une Genesis V6 312hp RWD, pis je roule en hivers, mais c loin d'être évident, même avec le traction control.

Obviously its not going to be as good as a FWD car but you CAN do it.

My dad drives his RX-8 all year around and hasn't had problems.

If you really want it, do it!

hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a Honda s2000.. but i need to drive it all year long.. Does anyone know how it would handle in winter?

I currently own an S2000 and I am confident that this car would handle well in snow. Since it's a small RWD torque less car, you shouldn't have any problems in term of handling or controlling the power of the car. However, like someone else mention, the car is low and you might have clearance problems during a heavy storm. Also, you need to know that the car has very little luggages space so it's not the most useful car for a daily driver.

They are many members on s2ki.com that use the car all year long without any problems. On mr, however, the only person I know that drove the car during winter are Jacques79 and eg_10. Ask them for an honest opinion. Also, try to find a 2002+ since they have a glass back windows an a defrost mode.

As for my opinion on traction control, it is not useful at all if you know how to drive properly. I use to have a G35 coupe with 300hp and I drove all winter with traction control off because it was really annoying.

My advice, go on forums like s2ki.com where people actually drove the car during winter and look for real experiences and not on mtl racing where 80% of the people have not even driven an S2000.

80% of the people here have no experience with RWD. they'll say things like its dangerous and undriveable, the reality is, they cannot drive.

the ONLY time you will dislike RWD in winter is when you are trying to parallel park on a hill or drive in DEEP snow

... or if you have an old Volvo 740 Turbo, without any type of traction control or smoothness when the turbo kicks in. Then you'll have your car in the winter;)

80% of the people here have no experience with RWD. they'll say things like its dangerous and undriveable, the reality is, they cannot drive.

the ONLY time you will dislike RWD in winter is when you are trying to parallel park on a hill or drive in DEEP snow

You know what, I had RWD cars all my life...from mustangs, grand marquis, bmw 3/5 series, 240sx, G35, C230, boxster, etc...and the S2000 is one of the worst cars I've driven in winter. Driving the 2002 S2000 that I had for 1-2 weeks in winter sucked, the ass always wants to spin around on any highway with light snow on the ground. You have to be alert 100% of the time or you will end up as another VGA.

You know what, I had RWD cars all my life...from mustangs, grand marquis, bmw 3/5 series, 240sx, G35, C230, boxster, etc...and the S2000 is one of the worst cars I've driven in winter. Driving the 2002 S2000 that I had for 1-2 weeks in winter sucked, the ass always wants to spin around on any highway with light snow on the ground. You have to be alert 100% of the time or you will end up as another VGA.

the s2000 is the only one thats mid engine without the majority of weight on its rear axle, im sure this has something to do with it.

being alert is a good thing, more drivers should try it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back