BBS Super RS ON..

mikeness102

Just picked up a set of Super RS' and mounted today... took a couple of pics with my phone after a wash. Will be re-painting the centres this weekend and will post pics

4576608108_d4e23ca9e0.jpg

4575971943_439daf3c99.jpg

4575973411_f307d61e42.jpg

You're the ones that bought those off vortex?
Looks great, what colour are they being painted/powdercoated?
Car needs a drop :p

Gonna make the centres silver for now... I like the simple look. Might keep the gold bolts with red/gold centre caps, but that's still up for debate.

As for lower, i totally agree that the car would look sick slammed, but I track the car weekly and would be shooting myself in the foot if I went lower. Sooo I'm attempting to get the best of both worlds, and I'll get a better idea if I've succeeded once they're repainted lol

if you're tracking the car get wider tires no?

I'll be using my classix for track purposes... Stretched tires on the track with wobble bolts kinda scares me lol

And ya, these are the wheels off vortex... Drove down to pick them up this weekend... No duty:)

And ya, these are the wheels off vortex... Drove down to pick them up this weekend... No duty:)

Awesome, but how did you NOT pay duty. When I picked up wheels last year, I had to pay duties on used rims..... :(

Car looks awesome BTW! Can't wait to see those wheels painted.

Awesome, but how did you NOT pay duty. When I picked up wheels last year, I had to pay duties on used rims..... :(

Car looks awesome BTW! Can't wait to see those wheels painted.

You go there with steelies with dead tires, buy wheels, ditch the steelies, install the wheels and comeback

I spent the weekend in NYC with my gf, sent a paypal payment of $600 and paid the rest cash. At the border I showed the agent the wheels, the paypayl payment, and a bill of sale the seller prepared for me. Between my gf and I, we were below the allowable amount and passed right through...

You go there with steelies with dead tires, buy wheels, ditch the steelies, install the wheels and comeback

That's what I thought, but I hear that a few shops near the border have been "monitored", and they know when you do a swap like that with new tires. Also, I usually don't keep my dead tires... haha.

I spent the weekend in NYC with my gf, sent a paypal payment of $600 and paid the rest cash. At the border I showed the agent the wheels, the paypayl payment, and a bill of sale the seller prepared for me. Between my gf and I, we were below the allowable amount and passed right through...

Great idea. It also wins brownie points with your girlfriend.

"Hey honey, I've decided to take you to NYC for the weekend."

"Oh, that's so sweet!"

"BTW, we'll just have to take a quick stop in NJ to pick up wheels." :D

nice choice of mags, love them. If your gonna paint the center cap silver, why dont you just leave them the way they are right now?

Great idea. It also wins brownie points with your girlfriend.

I'll need 'em if I'm going to get her to help me sand/prep these wheels lol

Jettaway said:
nice choice of mags, love them. If your gonna paint the center cap silver, why dont you just leave them the way they are right now?

I'm painting the centres (the green part) silver not the centre caps...

STATUS: One wheel disassembled! AND, noticed that in the hour I had the wheels mounted yesterday I managed to get a nail in the tire *banghead*... I'll post pics once I start stripping

Back