BBS Super RS ON..

cleaann whip, honestly tho i love the color of the centers the way they are right now , i love the color mix of the car and wheels

I'm painting the centres (the green part) silver not the centre caps...

STATUS: One wheel disassembled! AND, noticed that in the hour I had the wheels mounted yesterday I managed to get a nail in the tire *banghead*... I'll post pics once I start stripping[/QUOTE]

sorry... misunderstood what you said.

^^ oh no! Let us know how that works out. Maybe a quick tire plug?

Wheels look great, and will look 10x better with the centers painted hyper silver. Great score and really good idea spending the w/e in NY and passing thru customs like a pimp!

Gonna try plugging it... Don't feel like having the tire dismounted and risk the wheels being scuffed if I can avoid it.

They're 18s... For those who like te colour, I agree that in those pics it doesn't look that bad... But that green looks different in the sun... Much lighter and "puke"-like lol

Super RS are only 18-19" if I'm not mistaken. 18 is the perfect size for a mk5. 19" is just so much more baller.

Gonna try plugging it... Don't feel like having the tire dismounted and risk the wheels being scuffed if I can avoid it.

They're 18s... For those who like te colour, I agree that in those pics it doesn't look that bad... But that green looks different in the sun... Much lighter and "puke"-like lol

then paint them the same color as in the picture :)

Update #1

I began to strip the powdercoat off the centres, and it was going pretty well. However, because of the sheer amount of surface area, I'm realizing that I'll need a litre per wheel and a LOT of time... Can anyone suggest a place to get these glass-bead blasted??

the place where i powdercoat mine have a tub with hot acid stuff that can remove the powdercoat.

Les couleurs Caméléon at Dorion 450-424-9971

powdercoat.jpg

Thanks Ether! Just dropped them off.. will be ready early next week*tu*

In sum, aircraft stripper works amazing if you have a flat surface. But the RS' have so many corners/surface area, it will cost you $20 in stripper per wheel and a big headache. Where I just dropped them off it cost $15 per wheel with no headache lol. Anyways, here are some pics of the initial struggle...

After first coat of stripper...
4584060279_5b6dff6ab3.jpg

close up of the stripper at work
4584689976_dbef35e559.jpg

after a few of hours of work:cry:
4584060931_02f731a057.jpg

my gf helping me out at about midnight.. started at 2pm... wheel nowhere near done!
4584690052_77ce1a6348.jpg

I'll post pics of the professional non-fail job next week

Last edited:
^^ My ex actually chose the color of my wheels, I had some many choices at PJacques that I couldnt decide by myself.

Btw PJacques does a great job !!

been working all day since friday on them and have two centres left to paint. I've been snapping shots every so often during the process, but I'll post them when I'm done. For now, here's a glimpse...

4613803367_458d06294d.jpg

been working all day since friday on them and have two centres left to paint. I've been snapping shots every so often during the process, but I'll post them when I'm done. For now, here's a glimpse...

4613803367_458d06294d.jpg

is that painted or just what it looks like after sandblasting it ?

sick rims son, but i hate you
who knew rims could bring about such hate:D

is that painted or just what it looks like after sandblasting it ?
This is after they've been painted. They weren't sandblasted, they went for an acid bath to remove the powdercoat, and then I sanded them down. It's a much duller finish when sanded. I was debating polishing the centres once they were sanded down, but I don't feel like maintaining it...

Back