Canadian Couple Arrested At U.S. Border For Asking Questions

Sandro_Bit

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=815_1272954615"]LiveLeak.com - Canadian Imprisoned At The American Niagara Falls Border[/ame]

In another perfect illustration of why the U.S. tourist industry is in free fall, audio has emerged of a Canadian couple who were interrogated and arrested by immigration officials after they dared to inquire as to why they were being asked such pointless and invasive questions.

Attempting to enter the U.S. at the Niagara Falls border, the couple were asked where they were going, to which they responded the Niagara Falls shopping mall. When the immigration official bizarrely demanded to know what shops they were planning to visit, the situation quickly worsened.

After daring to ask why they were being bombarded with such ridiculous questions, they were told to exit their car and are taken inside for further interrogation by another official. When the Canadian man rhetorically asks, “what are you gonna do, shoot me” the officials claim he is threatening them before he is arrested.

Officials claim the man “assaulted” them because he backed away for a moment when being arrested. The officials claim that their victims are required to submit to whatever order they give no matter how ridiculous.

To underscore the ludicrous justifications officials use for harassing people, the officer claims he personally stops three terrorists a day entering the United States from Canada. One wonders whether he characterizes a “terrorist” as someone who doesn’t instantly obey his every inane command.

Despite his pleas, the man and his wife are thrown in jail, at which point the audio ends.

Let us not forget that the United States does not stand alone in employing semi-retarded jackbooted goons who specialize in harassing innocent people to enforce security at its borders.

I heard this the other day... It was an abuse of power, definately, without a doubt.

however, unless you've lived in a teepee your whole life with no understanding of the outside world, you know that when you get to the border, these border guards can be assholes. The last thing you want to do is come off as a cocky arrogant asshole. So he should have shut his mouth and not answered back, be polite, and be well on his way.

It sucks, but we all know it's like that, so unfortunately, it doesn't look like things are going to change anytime soon cause they'll throw the "terrorist" cards at us, so we have to conform and not come off as smartasses.

yeah the couple were definitely being bitchy and provoking the border guard but i mean how can you say what store you're gonna go visit at a mall in another country? like is there even a right answer for that?

^^^ Yep... when I was a kid my parents and I got stopped at the border. The guard asked my dad a bunch of questions... one came out as a little weird. he pointed at the hood of the car and said "what's under there"... My dad, confused, looked at him and said " the engine" in a (what the fuck you think is in there, stupid" type tone... I guess the guard didn't like his tone, brought us in, and searched the car.

They can be retarded.

Yeah honestly, I cross the border with "young" people to go to Jay Peak. I explain to them before we leave, do not speak unless spoken to. Answer questions directly and promptly. When you cross the border they do not need probable cause for ANYTHING. It's awful and wrong but you MUST submit if you want to cross the border into the US. My friend was vague about his employment once and it triggered a search. Still I'd rather cross the border into the US by car then by plane. People need to understand that probable cause doesn't exist when crossing the border, be willing to submit to their demands or just don't cross the border. AGAIN, I don't agree with it, it's just the way it is.

the guy is a fawkin retard, you talk to law enforcement like that expect to get harrassed to no end. Dumbass canadian got what he deserved. Want to be a total know it all then go to jail.

that one border guard stops 3 terrorists a day coming into the US from Canada.

he knows what he's searching for

why the fawk is this retard taping the entire conversation from the get-go? it seems to me like he was planning on being an asshole fromn the get-go and was recording it as evidence for when it went bad.

He was asking for trouble.. Usually people who go to malls in the US have been to those malls before and know the stores. Who also records whats going on at the border.... It's simple they ask you a question.. you answer it.

I was once asked the same question

"What stores do you plan on going to" I told the border guard. "TJ Maxx" He answered me back " Haha I knew that, you Canadians always go to TJ Maxx, Have a nice day"

I wanted to buy a house in Florida (their market is real low) and decided against it because it's no longer a free country.

When he says to the US border guard that Canada is not so different from the US he is wrong though.

Canada is (a little) more free than the US has gotten.

A few years ago I went to Myrtle Beach in my brother in law's G35x, he loaned it to me because my car had no AC (the Zuke). The border crossing agent asked me who's car it was, I told him it was my brother in law's car.

He asked me textually; "How does your brother in law just HAPPEN to loan you his car?"

To which I wanted to reply that well, he happens to be fucking my sister.

Since then, I've been pumping my vacations money to Cuba. Fuck the US.

that one border guard stops 3 terrorists a day coming into the US from Canada.

he knows what he's searching for

That's close to 1200 terrorists per year, let's assume for a moment that they're all kamikaze, they should let them in and allow the enemy to deplete its army by itself. :run:

Let's just say that he prevents three people from getting into the US per day, he has to turn SOME people around or his superiors might get suspicious and take him for an incompetent.

Do you know anyone that's been rejected from entering the US at a border crossing from Canada? Post here. I'm curious to know all about it.

There ought to be a website...

That's close to 1200 terrorists per year, let's assume for a moment that they're all kamikaze, they should let them in and allow the enemy to deplete its army by itself. :run:

Let's just say that he prevents three people from getting into the US per day, he has to turn SOME people around or his superiors might get suspicious and take him for an incompetent.

Do you know anyone that's been rejected from entering the US at a border crossing from Canada? Post here. I'm curious to know all about it.

There ought to be a website...

and 1200 is only for 1 border control

times I don't know how many borders we have from coast to coast = oh yeah Canada is the home of close to 100 000 terrorists we need to invade Canada
and that's only the one we catched :D

Im driving to the US tomorrow morning and I always look forward to the boarder guard's ridiculous questions:

Guard: So I see you gave up your US citizenship?
Me: yes
Guard: What if you fall in love with an american girl?
Me: (????) I won't :)

Back