Volvo auto braking system fails in front of reporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what speed do the Volvo airbags deploy? On the car it's written that the test is done at 35kmh and I don't see them....imagine if the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt because he/she was trusting the brake system.

LOL that's funny.

And I hate ABS (so glad I don't have it in my car) so just imagine how much I'd hate driving with an auto braking system... out of curiosity, does it automatically engage everytime you start the car, forcing you to constantly turn it off if you don't like it?

ceux qui disent qui aime pas les ABS c'est toujour ceux qui en ont pas sur leur char et qui ont un char trop vieux en pensant qu'ils sont des pilotes, avec l'expérience tu t'appercois que dans la neige, garder le parfait contrôle tout en étant cappable de freiner au max c'est pas mal sécurisant et ca évite les fois ou tu pourrait passer tout droit sur un stop.

ceux qui disent qui aime pas les ABS c'est toujour ceux qui en ont pas sur leur char et qui ont un char trop vieux en pensant qu'ils sont des pilotes, avec l'expérience tu t'appercois que dans la neige, garder le parfait contrôle tout en étant cappable de freiner au max c'est pas mal sécurisant et ca évite les fois ou tu pourrait passer tout droit sur un stop.

if you think abs helps in snow, you probably just lack the finess to control the car, or are the type to panic and just mash the pedal.

Lol sa me fait rire de voir du monde bashé une compagnie ultra avant-gardiste dans la sécurité après un simple vidéo...

Faire un face-a-face a 120 km/h je préfererait avoir mon cul assit dans une suèdoise qu'a peu près n'importe quel japonaise, américaine ou autre européenne...

Pour répondre au clown a Twon... Volvo appartient a Geely depuis Mars 2010...

Volvo cars have long been marketed and stressed their historic reputation for solidity and reliability. Prior to strong government safety regulation Volvo had been in the forefront of safety engineering.[21]

In 1944, laminated glass was introduced in the PV model.[22] In 1958, Volvo engineer Nils Bohlin invented and patented the modern 3-Point Safety Belt, which became standard on all Volvo cars in 1959.[23] Volvo was the first company to produce cars with padded dashboards starting in late 1956 with their Amazon model.[citation needed] Additionally, Volvo developed the first rear-facing child seat in 1964[22] and introduced its own booster seat in 1978

In 1986, Volvo introduced the first central high-mounted stoplight[22][not in citation given] (a brake light not shared with the rear tail lights), which became federally mandated in the United States in the 1986 model year

Also in 1991 came the introduction of the Side Impact Protection System (SIPS) on the 940/960 and 850 models, which channeled the force of a side impact away from the doors and into the safety cage.

To add to its SIPS, in 1995 Volvo was the first to introduce side airbags and installed them as standard equipment in all models in 1996.

J'arrête ici pcq y'en a encore des centaines...

Un petit ajout, les normes suedoises en matiere de sécurité sont les plus élevés au monde, pas pour rien que leur véhicule sont tjs en avance...

1958: The GT 750 is the first car fitted with seatbelts as standard.[26]
1963: Saab becomes the first volume maker to offer diagonally-split dual brake circuits.
1969: Saab creates an ignition system near the gearbox - instead of behind the steering wheel like most cars - in an attempt to reduce the very common serious and permanent knee injuries during collisions, caused by the knee impacting the key.
1970: Saab introduces a world-first - headlamp wipers and washers.
1971: Heated front seats are introduced, the first time in the world they are fitted as standard.
1971: Saab develops the impact-absorbing, self-repairing bumper[citation needed].
1976: Saab was the first manufacturer to produce a turbo engine with wastegate to control boost.
1978: Saab introduces another 'world-first,' the passenger compartment air filter (pollen filter).
1980: Saab introduces Automatic Performance Control (APC), and an anti-knock sensor that allowed higher fuel economy and the use of lower grade fuel without engine damage.
1981: Saab introduces the split-field side mirror. This reduces the drivers blind spot.
1982: Saab introduces asbestos-free brake pads.
1983: Saab introduces the 16-valve turbocharged engine
1985: Saab pioneers direct ignition, eliminating the distributor and spark plug wires.
1991: Saab introduces a 'light-pressure' turbo.
1991: Saab is the first manufacturer to offer CFC-free air-conditioning.
1991: Saab develops its 'Trionic' engine management system, equipped with a 32-bit micro-processor.
1993: Saab introduces the 'Sensonic clutch' and the 'Black Panel', later to be called the 'Night Panel'.
1993: Saab develops the 'Safeseat' rear passenger protection system.
1994: Saab introduces the 'Trionic T5.5' engine management system, its processor is a Motorola 68332.
1995: Saab presents an asymmetrically turbocharged V6 at the Motor Show in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
1996: Saab introduces active head restraints (SAHR), which help minimize the risk of whiplash.
1997: Saab introduces Electronic Brake-force Distribution
1997: Saab fits ventilated front seats to their new 9-5.
1997: Saab introduces ComSense; an alert delay feature that reduces the risk of distraction by briefly postponing lower priority alerts when the brakes or indicators are activated
2000: Saab introduces SVC; a Variable Compression, an engine in which the compression ratio is varied by tilting the cylinder head in relation to the pistons.
2002: Saab developed ReAxs System provides crisp steering feedback and contributes to enhanced driving stability in curves
2003: Saab introduces CargoSET; automatic storage well retraction for the convertible, a two-step tonneau action for quicker soft-top deployment
2008: Saab introduces Cross-wheel drive, an advanced all-wheel drive system with eLSD.

This is a perfect example of why people should just learn how to drive and stop relying on the technology of their cars.

In 1986, Volvo introduced the first central high-mounted stoplight[22][not in citation given] (a brake light not shared with the rear tail lights), which became federally mandated in the United States in the 1986 model year

Also in 1991 came the introduction of the Side Impact Protection System (SIPS) on the 940/960 and 850 models, which channeled the force of a side impact away from the doors and into the safety cage.

To add to its SIPS, in 1995 Volvo was the first to introduce side airbags and installed them as standard equipment in all models in 1996.

Un petit ajout, les normes suedoises en matiere de sécurité sont les plus élevés au monde, pas pour rien que leur véhicule sont tjs en avance...

1963: Saab becomes the first volume maker to offer diagonally-split dual brake circuits.
1969: Saab creates an ignition system near the gearbox - instead of behind the steering wheel like most cars - in an attempt to reduce the very common serious and permanent knee injuries during collisions, caused by the knee impacting the key.
1971: Heated front seats are introduced, the first time in the world they are fitted as standard.
1971: Saab develops the impact-absorbing, self-repairing bumper[citation needed].
1976: Saab was the first manufacturer to produce a turbo engine with wastegate to control boost.
1978: Saab introduces another 'world-first,' the passenger compartment air filter (pollen filter).
1980: Saab introduces Automatic Performance Control (APC), and an anti-knock sensor that allowed higher fuel economy and the use of lower grade fuel without engine damage.
1981: Saab introduces the split-field side mirror. This reduces the drivers blind spot.
1985: Saab pioneers direct ignition, eliminating the distributor and spark plug wires.
1991: Saab develops its 'Trionic' engine management system, equipped with a 32-bit micro-processor.
1993: Saab introduces the 'Sensonic clutch' and the 'Black Panel', later to be called the 'Night Panel'.
1994: Saab introduces the 'Trionic T5.5' engine management system, its processor is a Motorola 68332.
1995: Saab presents an asymmetrically turbocharged V6 at the Motor Show in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
1996: Saab introduces active head restraints (SAHR), which help minimize the risk of whiplash.
1997: Saab introduces ComSense; an alert delay feature that reduces the risk of distraction by briefly postponing lower priority alerts when the brakes or indicators are activated
2000: Saab introduces SVC; a Variable Compression, an engine in which the compression ratio is varied by tilting the cylinder head in relation to the pistons.
2002: Saab developed ReAxs System provides crisp steering feedback and contributes to enhanced driving stability in curves
2003: Saab introduces CargoSET; automatic storage well retraction for the convertible, a two-step tonneau action for quicker soft-top deployment
2008: Saab introduces Cross-wheel drive, an advanced all-wheel drive system with eLSD.

dison que dans tout ske ta cité, ya un pacquet de technologie qui non pas été inventé par saab ou volvo

Yeah changing those flasher bulbs is such a big problem. You should just scrap the car cause the bulbs ain't worth changing!

You're right, If the problem would be with just bulbs.

Sensors are fucked, Everytime I put new bulbs they die within a couple days so I just gave up... Still no tickets for no flashers :p *Knocks on wood* lol

You're right, If the problem would be with just bulbs.

Sensors are fucked, Everytime I put new bulbs they die within a couple days so I just gave up... Still no tickets for no flashers :p *Knocks on wood* lol

To be honest here... stop using your turn signals! I saw you Wednesday night (didn't know it was YOU until now, of course lol) and by signaling everytime you changed lanes, you REALLY attracted attention haha...

To be honest here... stop using your turn signals! I saw you Wednesday night (didn't know it was YOU until now, of course lol) and by signaling everytime you changed lanes, you REALLY attracted attention haha...

HAHAHA that's hilarious man seriously, But I don't know bout not using flashers, It's kinda lame and I hate it when douchebags just cut infront of me without using them, I don't care as much if they use them, But at least use the damn things.

I'm gonna get them checked out my neighbor is actually a really good mechanic so maybe he can find out wtf is wrong with them.

Lol sa me fait rire de voir du monde bashé une compagnie ultra avant-gardiste dans la sécurité après un simple vidéo...

Faire un face-a-face a 120 km/h je préfererait avoir mon cul assit dans une suèdoise qu'a peu près n'importe quel japonaise, américaine ou autre européenne...

Pour répondre au clown a Twon... Volvo appartient a Geely depuis Mars 2010...

Volvo cars have long been marketed and stressed their historic reputation for solidity and reliability. Prior to strong government safety regulation Volvo had been in the forefront of safety engineering.[21]

In 1944, laminated glass was introduced in the PV model.[22] In 1958, Volvo engineer Nils Bohlin invented and patented the modern 3-Point Safety Belt, which became standard on all Volvo cars in 1959.[23] Volvo was the first company to produce cars with padded dashboards starting in late 1956 with their Amazon model.[citation needed] Additionally, Volvo developed the first rear-facing child seat in 1964[22] and introduced its own booster seat in 1978

blah blah blah, all technology stolen from merc, i worked for volvo for 2 years, theire cars are bland and very boring and shitty, nobody buys them except crazy jews that dont drive german

In our language.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9_ePZWxWGw"]YouTube- Volvo Accidentally Crashes an S60[/ame]

K, after having driven the Volvo with City Safety I can say it works ... but only under the precise conditions it needs!!! The car in the video was going way too fast (at least it looked like it was) ... you can't touch the steering wheel, can't touch the brake, the throttle, nothing ...

It did work for me - I almost rear-ended a bus because I was looking down in traffic. It saved me.

It also doesn't hold the car there ... it only applies the brakes, then you have to take over.

It stands to be an intersting bit of technology in future cars. This is still very new.

VOLVO SUCE. POINT. Les personnes qui conduisent une volvo sont tous stupid. Chaque fois que je vois quelqun faire une niaiserie c'est une personne qui conduise un volvo .... C'est meme pas fiable , c'est cher a reparer et les voitures sont cher aussi .... je comprend vraiment as pourquoi "Twilight" l'ont utiliser dans le premier film la C30 !

I think all this development is leading toward self-driving cars. (ie. iRobot)

This is a good thing for 80% of drivers out there (once it is perfected).

This is a great thing for the 15% IDIOT drivers out there (unfortunately saving their lives from stupidities and going against Darwin's filter :p)

This is a bad thing for the 5% of good drivers out there that actually know how to drive their vehicles properly on the road. (And keep the fun stuff on the track:bigup:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back