What's up with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain

Ok I know no one is perfect but wth with those people that always hit you bumper in a parallel parking. It's been like the fifth time in a week, I just noticed 2 another spots this morning. My alarm's sensibility isn't high enough while getting bumped. Is there any way to avoid this?

Park far away, don't have a car, add push bars back and forth (and potentially spikes on them), get an F350, just stand there all day watching your car, etc...

There's many options. As for parking, no. To a certain extent, it's normal to bump into a bumper at low speed. That's what it's meant for! It's just here in Quebec we have a higher than average quantity of bad/terrible drivers, so there's no escape.

That's why you have bumpers... so you can bump them.

As for the paint rub and chips... Welcome to Quebec.

Get mat black (unpainted) bumpers like Taxis and you're set!

"Bump away" you'll say :D

a few weeks ago i walked out to my car and there was a car that "hit" me parking and didn't even bother to back up. They just left their car touching mine.

It was outside a doctors office so i went in asking who owned the car. Some lady said it was hers and kept saying she didn't touch my car. Even after i showed her that her car was still touching by bumper she kept denying any wrong doing.

ca la absolument rien a voir avec la qualité des conducteurs au Québec... allez en europe vous allez voir cé quoi des bumper bossés...

on est meme tres bon comparé a comme 99% des autres pays

a few weeks ago i walked out to my car and there was a car that "hit" me parking and didn't even bother to back up. They just left their car touching mine.

It was outside a doctors office so i went in asking who owned the car. Some lady said it was hers and kept saying she didn't touch my car. Even after i showed her that her car was still touching by bumper she kept denying any wrong doing.

And she just left like that?..

ca la absolument rien a voir avec la qualité des conducteurs au Québec... allez en europe vous allez voir cé quoi des bumper bossés...

Ca se peut, mais l'affaire est que quand j'suis pas sur de pouvoir sortir du parking en 2 shots, j'y essaie en 3, mais y'en a qui fonce 1-2 shot, puis pars comme si c'etait le jour de l'an.

Yes, lets also not look at the size or rarity of parking spots in Europe, or street sizes for that matter... you know, everything is huge there and they all drive big ass SUVs like here

That's why you have bumpers... so you can bump them.

As for the paint rub and chips... Welcome to Quebec.

Get mat black (unpainted) bumpers like Taxis and you're set!

"Bump away" you'll say :D

It's true but modern bumpers aren't really solid, have fancy paint finish, they cost more to replace. 80's black/rubber bumpers were great to bump but now...
At mecaglisse last winter all the cars that broke their bumper were 1995+, and it's not because they were taking more risks...

^^the solution is very simple.

take a picture before moving the car.

take a picture of the faultish POS woman.

post it on mr.

you made my day.

take a picture before moving the car.

Here is the car how i found it...

carbumper.jpg

It's not a quebec thing its a city thing nobody parks like that outside of the city and its also the reason why i refuse to park my car in the streets when i go to Montreal

It's one more reason i can't understand how you poor people live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back