Where is a good place to bore or resleeve 2 stroke engines?

Russianguy

Legacy Member
Where is a good place to bore or resleeve 2 stroke engines?
Which machine shops are good around greater montreal?

How much is the price usually per cylinder?

You can try www.cvtech-aab.com. I had my motocross (YZ 250 2 stroke) cylinder rebuild. They are located in Thetford Mines (Quebec) . You ship and they send it back to you in about 10 days (You may also drive). It is about 325$ per cylinder.

"Canadian industry leader, CVTech-AAB inc is specialized in 2 and 4 stroke engine reconditioning. Their expertise in crankshaft reconditionning as well as cylinder resleeving and replating using NIKA-TECH's technology is approved by the industry's OEM. "

$325 per cylinder to bore out? you kidding me?
Even with pistons $325 per head is ridiculous.

In the states if i send in my block they'll bore it out to 84mm and put in forged Wiseco pistons with everything piston related for $340 USd.

Someone in montreal must do boring for $50 bucks a cylinder....
Pistons i could buy for $250 per pair.

the cheappest place I ever found for bore related work was at "innotech moteur" in repentigny.

give them a ring 450-657-5757. also post back if the price was decent!

Moteurs Ultra Inc
2028, boulevard Saint-Elzear Ouest,
Laval, QC H7L 4A8
450-688-0666

Moteurs Ultra Inc
2028, boulevard Saint-Elzear Ouest,
Laval, QC H7L 4A8
450-688-0666

u get what u pay for ... my uncle works at cvtech aab n i built my 92whp banshee there ... its fast n reliable (have to change pistons every year but hey ..!)
i did pay a lot for it but its great .. always !
good luck with them cylinders !

a 30$ mon homme, y te calisse ca dans un étau pis apres y passe la drill a 25$ que y'a acheter cher bmr avec sa bebelle a genre max 150$ pis y te bore ca le gros.... si c pas un motorcros genre stun criss de vieux moteur 2 temps c correct c ca ca prend... moi j'ai un cr125 1984 pis ca tu le bore a main avec la patente cheap.. t'en a pour 5 ou 6 shot pis le cylindre est pus bon... mais si stun moteur de motocross ou 4 roue genre banshee pis en haut de 1985 ou 1986 ben sont au nickasil a partir de ces années la.... ca te prend absolument une job au nickasil... adrien bernard ou bien comme 2FST4U Corvette ca l'air d'une bonne place pour ca.... un conseil si tu fait borer ca a 30$ fait partir le moteur pis vend ton 4roue ou ton motocross tu suite ca toffera pas l'été....

Just a small update. I went to this guy who someone recommended me and dropped off the engine. today i called him and he said he can't do it. What a fucking clown!

I'm gonna call a couple of places around montreal and it not, i'll just send the cylinder block to the states to do the boring since incompetent quebec people can't do it for a reasonable price.

I've seen a few small motors at BHP Motors in Laval, no idea if they were 2 or 4 stroke but try and give him a call and see.

Other than that, don't know where you could go...

Did you try searching local dirt bike forums for info?

try atelier mecanique champion in laprairie!!! they did very nices machining job on alot of engines i rebuilted

I ended up shipping my stuff to www.cvtech-aab.com.
2FST4U Corvette posted a fucked up price of $325 per cylinder and i didn't call them initially.... but today i called and it was $50 per cylinder which is same price as my contact in California. So hopefully they'll be able to do my bore job and not come up with any excuses. Can't wait to put the motor back together and go out for some BRAAPP!

Usinage RT a St-amable
450 649 6149.

c'est un pro des 2 temps.
(il fait tout mais pas le replating...pas sur pour les resleeve mais pas mal sur qui peut.)

Back