Duracool refrigerant - recharge pour a/c ??

Ayashifx55

Bonjour les gars, je sais pas si l'un de vous aviez deja utiliser le kit Dura Cool chez walmart? Yen avait un a 54$ et un autre a 84$. Le 84$ viens avec un pressure gauge, lunette et un seal ...

Est ce que c'est facile a utiliser ? Sa marche bien? Merci.

don't do it unless you are planning on selling/scrapping the car or are never planning on having the ac work properly.

this makes no sense whatsoever.

its simply refrigerant. refill it shouldent be a problem.. the gas is the same gas that the factory put in it. Theres only a few components that could screw up in an a/c system if its not leaking, the most likely is the compressor, if your system is full and the compressor isnt working then thats the first step.. Normally you will be able to visually see if its working or not.
whether you have a leak or not, thats different.

hell even if its a slow leak the new gases dont deplete the ozone (or just try a stop leak) for 16$ a can even if it lasts through the hottest months you win.

its simply refrigerant. refill it shouldent be a problem.. the gas is the same gas that the factory put in it. Theres only a few components that could screw up in an a/c system if its not leaking, the most likely is the compressor, if your system is full and the compressor isnt working then thats the first step.. Normally you will be able to visually see if its working or not.

hell even if its a slow leak the new gases dont deplete the ozone (or just try a stop leak) for 16$ a can even if it lasts through the hottest months you win.

You realy don't know what you are talking about.

The gas is the same that the factory put in it? Not too sure about that. You might want to research what you are talking about before giving "advice" which is false.

I tried to refill mine, it leaked from the inside, front passenger bolster (under the glove box) It was only around 30-35psi ... so i guess mine leaked. Oh well , 50$ to find out leak or not x)

pis la apres il a pas un garage qui va te faire la job parce que ca va tout contaminer les machine a a/c ( les testeur de refrigerant c rendu obligatoire dans les garages) ... bonne chance apres

The gas is the same that the factory put in it? Not too sure about that. You might want to research what you are talking about before giving "advice" which is false.

depends on car but before r-134a there was r-12 and it seems that you can run r-134a in an older r-12 system.
if you change the composition of the gas it cannot be called r-134a theres only 1.
what would be the "right answer" if im wrong?

the gasses used in cars are pretty standard and must conform to strict regulations.. you can find the gas your car uses under your hood.

Si Il Est Vide C'est Surement Que Ta Une Fuite , Tu Va Remettre Ca Dans Ton Systeme , Ca Va Fuire Encore Et Tu Va Contribuer a La Destruction de La Couche D'ozone Pour Les Prochaines 25 Années ... Pour Le Garage , Ils Ont Des Analyseur De Refrigerant Avant De Recuprer Dans Leur Tank , Et Si c'est Pas Du R134A , Il Vont Tout Simplement Le Récuperer Dans Une Dump Tank ... Tu Devrais Tout D'abord Commencer Par Un Test D'étanchéité De Ton Systeme A l'azote Et Si C'est Ok Fais Le Remplir De R134A ... Ton Bouche Fuite En Canette , Ca Fais De La Grosse Marde Dans Ton Systeme , Et Puis Ya Du Propane Dans La Composition Chimique De Leur ''Réfrigérant'' ... A Toi De Chosir ...

R12 ca detruisait l'ozone. C'est LA raison pourquoi il fallait k'il change le gaz. Si quelqu'un a encore du R12 en bonbonne, ca vaut bcp bcp d'argent sur le marche noir. Le "nouveau" gaz creer etait le R134a. C'etait supposer etre meilleur que le R12 mais ce n'est pas vrm le cas. Non elle mange pas l'ozone, mais elle contribue a l'effet de serre et elle est moins efficace que le R12. Les molecules de R134a sont plus petites que celle de R12 et alors, leur efficacite a absorber et perdre la chaleur de l'habitacle et plus bas. Le Duracool c'est bien bon mais il faut faire une bonne flush de ton systeme, assurer k'il n'y ai pas de fuite et faire un vaccuum juste pour etre sur a 100% de ne pas laisser de r134a.

The right answer is to go to a certified garage to get your a/c system checked, purged, and refilled. There is a reason why mechanics working with r134a must be certified by LAW and the people buying the r134a must be certified by LAW.

You can no longer buy/use r12. It is not the same as r134a

The bs they sell over the counter at auto parts isnt "the same as what automakers put in their vehicles."

If you fill your system with something other than r134a, which is what is offered at canadian tire, walmart, etc.. etc.., then you will contaminate your system. It may work for a while, but if your a/c is empty it is obviously because there is a leak. You fill it with duracool and it will leak. So say one day you get fed up of spending the 50$ or whatever for duracool everytime and decide to get the system fixed. You will need to fix the leak, replace your dryer (which is suggested regardless), have your a/c system flushed, have to find a garage willing to recuperate your contaminated gas, and still need a purge/test/refill. So why not just save your time and headaches and get it fixed properly and legally from the start?

That's all im saying... If I were to sell my car tomorrow and the a/c was empty, id fill it with propane. If I were keeping the car, I'd find the leak and fill it with r134a.

depends on car but before r-134a there was r-12 and it seems that you can run r-134a in an older r-12 system.
if you change the composition of the gas it cannot be called r-134a theres only 1.
what would be the "right answer" if im wrong?

the gasses used in cars are pretty standard and must conform to strict regulations.. you can find the gas your car uses under your hood.

Cars either have r12 (prior to 94 if im not mistaken), or r134a (after 1994, or something around that area). Since then there has only been r134a. There aren't a thousand different types that each manufacturer puts. However, you, or anyone with two hands, can put any refrigerant you want into your vehicles system. You will void the warranty and contaminate the system if you do put something other than r134a. You are not allowed to buy r134a unless you are certified. Therefore if you do not want to contaminate your system, take it to someone who is certified.

The right answer is to go to a certified garage to get your a/c system checked, purged, and refilled. There is a reason why mechanics working with r134a must be certified by LAW and the people buying the r134a must be certified by LAW.

You can no longer buy/use r12. It is not the same as r134a

The bs they sell over the counter at auto parts isnt "the same as what automakers put in their vehicles."

If you fill your system with something other than r134a, which is what is offered at canadian tire, walmart, etc.. etc.., then you will contaminate your system. It may work for a while, but if your a/c is empty it is obviously because there is a leak. You fill it with duracool and it will leak. So say one day you get fed up of spending the 50$ or whatever for duracool everytime and decide to get the system fixed. You will need to fix the leak, replace your dryer (which is suggested regardless), have your a/c system flushed, have to find a garage willing to recuperate your contaminated gas, and still need a purge/test/refill. So why not just save your time and headaches and get it fixed properly and legally from the start?

That's all im saying... If I were to sell my car tomorrow and the a/c was empty, id fill it with propane. If I were keeping the car, I'd find the leak and fill it with r134a.

i agree with what you say about r-12 it is too harmful and you should not refull your system with r-12. i agree that before you refill anything you should have your system flushed of all r-12 as it is illegal to knowngly put it in the atmosphere, or put it into a leaking system.
they do sell cans of r134a over the counter at canadian tire, if you flush your leaking system of all r-12 and refill it with r134a and eventually it leaks out its not big deal because its not harmful, although it will cost you 16$ a bottle.
I would try red-tek stop leak, if that works then great.
I cannot understand how the factory puts in a "better" r-134a. r134a does not ever wear out. Nomatter what kind of 134a you put in if you have a leak it wont stay in the system. It may be costly to fix your leak (my car tends to leak under the dash and most of the dash has to be removed and the parts are expensive) You may be able to find your leak yourself if you buy a kit. You cannot contaminate a system even if it had r-12 in it before r-134a is a direct replacment for r-12.

ok this will be my last response.

What you buy at a canadian tire or wal-mart or napa or whatever.... is NOT r134a. You need a little card saying you are certified to work with r134a to buy it. Therefore if a canadian tire does sell you r134a, it is illegal... unless you and the canadian tire are certified to do so. Pm me the address of the canadian tire that does sell r134a please. Not redtek "mixture," but actual r134a. Not duracool "mixture", but actual r134a. To make it easier to confirm, r134a is made by Dupont.

ok guys' ill explain you a few things:
1st : redtek-duracool isnt r134a its a shitty blend of ethanol and other additives,proven to destroy your compressor after a while...
2nd: you need special cards to operate a/c machines, h-4, i got it.
3rd:it is normal that an a/c system lose a bit of refrigerant over time, but again you cant be sure that its always the case, you can have a leaking o-ring (happen 8-10% of the time at my job) or expansion valve (mk3/mk4 are prone to this kind of failure)
4th c'mon, that kind of shit sell for 80-90$, and youre not sure about your oil level (yes it need oil and just the right amount!), you still dont know how much ''refrigerant'' youve putted into your system. and finally you still dont know if you got a faulty part, or a busted o-ring

5th go to any garage( i dont need to say were i work, any garage will do it for around 100$ including leak down testing....)

oh finally , you may argue by saying that you putted that can of sealer, do you really think that sealer stays were the leak is ?

Back