diesel EVo

File this under hard to believe. According to a recent report Mitsubishi has scrapped plans to build a hybrid EVO in favor of a diesel hybrid EVO.

AutoCar is reporting that a gasoline hybrid project based on the PX-MiEV concept was recently junked in favor of this new direction for the EVO XI. Using a torquey diesel powerplant mated to even more torque provided by an electric motor, the EVO XI would provide plenty of grunt, although the switch to a diesel option would likely remove it from competition use in motorsports and would most certainly kill the car’s following in North America. In fact, if Mitsubishi does decide to go the hybrid diesel route there’s a good chance they could cut the model altogether from Mitsu’s U.S. lineup, opting instead for more of a Ralliart pseudo-high-performance model to fill its shoes.

C'est pas SI surprenant que ca, ca fais longtemps que c'est prouvé qu'un moteur diesel peux etre aussi performant et plus économique qu'un moteur a gas.
Ceux qui me croient pas regardez les 24h du mans :)

False and personnal opinion i think a powerful diesel engine sounds much more manly than a 10k rpm engine.

Why would it be less fun, you have twice the torque you'd have on a gasoline engine..

False and personnal opinion i think a powerful diesel engine sounds much more manly than a 10k rpm engine.

Why would it be less fun, you have twice the torque you'd have on a gasoline engine..

Because you have 1/2 the rev range.

Because you have 1/2 the rev range.

With longer gears it's back to the same thing, of course you can't rev over 5k but if you manage to accelerate 70kmh within that powerband it's the same as having a 7-8k engine with short ratios. :bigup:

Back