what type of dog should i buy?

yeah, actually i went on a few web sites to adopt but most of them i found are older (3-4 years old) when i wanted a young dog to train early. So far it looks like most of you guys are sayin german shepherd which seems pretty good and loyal... do you guys know of any schools or trainers that can help to train them?

What about a Husky/German Shepherd mix?

AnnikaAndGarth300x286.jpg

yeah, actually i went on a few web sites to adopt but most of them i found are older (3-4 years old) when i wanted a young dog to train early. So far it looks like most of you guys are sayin german shepherd which seems pretty good and loyal... do you guys know of any schools or trainers that can help to train them?

This is what you're going to do, you'll save a ton of money and help curb illegal puppy mills at the same time.

Call any dog rescue agency, in or out of province, dont matter (they'll find a way to get the dog to you) and ask to be put on a list for puppies. Dog rescues get puppies all the time, you just dont know about it because they are spoken for even before they get to be listed.

I've fostered a lot of different type of dogs, and so far i've found that medium sized dogs such as a german shepard\lab\retriever\boxer or a mix of them are the best all around dogs. First of all, since they will likely NOT be pure bred, you're avoiding all of the health issues pure breed dogs have, and mutts are the smartest dogs of all, i can guarantee that.

important thing to do before getting a dog is do research and find out what dog suites your needs and how u as an owner will suite its needs

don't get a dog just cause it "looks cool" and makes you "look badass"

pitbulls are great dogs but when it comes to training you need to be really firm and let me tell you they destroyed my furniture in the end i couldn't ask for better dogs though

1- pitbull plutot agressif si t pas son premier maitre

2- boxer probleme de hanche frequent

3- husky mais cest dure d'entretien

4- boarder collie ca pas lair ben ben agressif mais cest un super chien actif et aimable avec les enfants

anyway ca sera ton chien sta toi faire le choix, va faire un tour a SPCA tu vas surement tomber en amour et en plus de sauver une vie

1- pitbull plutot agressif si t pas son premier maitre

2- boxer probleme de hanche frequent

3- husky mais cest dure d'entretien

4- boarder collie ca pas lair ben ben agressif mais cest un super chien actif et aimable avec les enfants

anyway ca sera ton chien sta toi faire le choix, va faire un tour a SPCA tu vas surement tomber en amour et en plus de sauver une vie

Border collie pas agressif............................................................

Ca nip/snap 24 heures sur 24,c'est des vrais chiens de moutons pour l'extérieur,j'en ai un et PLUS JAMAIS,entraîné par Mia Lane de proche de Toronto..fuck off c'est des machines c'est chiens la.

Ca quand tu as des moutons,ca marche 24 sur 24,quand je dit marcher,c'est que ca court 24 sur 24,pis si yen a un qui s'écarte,il va se faire SNAPPER fort.

Il a été ré-entrainer ici au Québec,il est fonctionnel dans une maison,mais RIEN DE COMPARABLE A UN LABRADOR ET COMPAGNIE.

Vraiment rien de comparable.Pas un chien a naisier pour enfants.tk la plupart(majoritée).C'est un chien de travail,le genre qui pète une crise cardiaque a place de s'arrêter,et bien sûr,ils en pètent pratiquement jamais,le mien est rendu a 17 ans et il est fatiguant en criss..vraiment travaillant et non émotif,toujours aussi business dans le fond.

important thing to do before getting a dog is do research and find out what dog suites your needs and how u as an owner will suite its needs

don't get a dog just cause it "looks cool" and makes you "look badass"

Exactly why i won't suggest a breed,what do you want it for?

For the kids,the wife,for the looks??

Come on..lol,its not a toy :eek:

J'ai un bulldog américain et ca répond pas mal a tout tes critères.

Je suis présentement des cours de dressage avec lui et il est assez facile et comprend vite.

Sur wikipedia ca dit que ce sont des chiens pour surveiller et protéger des propriétés mais qui sont aussi très gentil avec les gens et adorent jouer avec les enfants. Je peux confirmer que le mien répond exactement a cette description.

Pour le look je dirais un mix entre pitbull et boxer, j'en ai déja confondu quelques uns. Ca dépend aussi de quel type de bulldog américain il s'agit car il y a 2 types. Un avec la face écrasé comme les petit bulldog et un autre avec la face un peu plus allongée

C'est un chien que si tu décide de bouger une journée il va te suivre sans jamais se plaindre et si un jour tu feel relaxe il va dormir toute la journée.

Pour le poids maximum je ne sais pas vraiment certain site disent 100lbs mais le père de mon chien pesait 135lbs quand j'ai été chercher le mien.

Voila une photo prise sur le net pour donner une idée du look

bouledogue-americain-9895.jpg

C'est vraiment des bons chiens, j'en ai un qui pese maintenant 140lb.
C'est des gros toutous, mais ils vont te protéger toi et ta famille si étrangé rentre chez toi. Il se laisse faire avec les enfants, ils peuvent faire pas mal n'importe quoi avec.
La seul chose pour le mien c'est qu'il est fragile avec c'est jambe/hanche.

7632_163562497801_658452801_3620685.jpg

+1 for adopting and +1 for german sheppard but theres only 2 downsides, they are difficult to train if you have no experience and they shed like crazy!

Other than that I've always had a thing for the American Staffordshire Terrier(bulldog family). Look similar to a pitbull. weigh up to 50lb, extremely loyal and playful, great with kinds.
http://www.bulldoginformation.com/american-staffordshire-terrier.html
american-staffordshire-terrier-ou-p.jpg

An American Staffordshire Terrier (AmStaff) is a the same breed as an American Pit Bull Terrier (pitbull). The Pit bull was first registered as a breed with the united kennel club in 1895 when the American kennel club refused to recognise it. In 1932 the AKC decided to recognise the pit bull but name it the Staffordshire Terrier and then in the 70's changed the name to American staffordshire terrier to properly distinguish it from it's smaller cousin the staffordshire bull terrier. it's the same breed but registered under a different name depending on the registry. the Canadian kennel club only recognizes the amstaff.

Photololiiiijjh012.jpg

Photololiiiijjh013.jpg

Pincher / jack russel
facile a dresser sa mange pas bcp ,perd pas son poile c trenquile pis toute les fille craque en le voyen loll
le seul defaut c que c joueur pas mal

You really need to a dog that fits your life style.

I'm eventually getting a british bulldog to match my lazy ass.

Back