Photoshoot: Sexy ice blue 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Seriously...
Nobody buys a GT3 as a daily driver...that's 4 sure

You might be suprised... We have a young (and too rich for his own good) guy here that bought one and traded it in only a month later because it was "The worst car he ever got into". He tought he wanted a race car for the streets and THAT's what he got but, most people who think that, usually discover pretty quickly that it is not really what they expected. Like you said though, most people who buy them KNOW what it is. Just for funs, are you a Porsche salesman? You seem to know your stuff about them. Were do you work? Lauzon?

Ouais, c'est sûr mais je parle comme vrai daily là. L'auto que tu prends pour aller travailler, aller chez Loblaws, aller au chalet, etc. L'auto que tu prends 365 jours par année et que ça pourrait être ta seule voiture. Ça doit être assez rare d'avoir une Porsche pour ça.
Sois attentif cet hiver et tu va remarquer combien de Carerra decapotables roulent 12 mois par annee. Depuis le credit et la location, les gens s'en foutent, ils ne la garderont pas assez longtemps pour que ca les derange.

i was more griping about keeping everything on the same level across the car. it can be a baby blue weekend daily driver for women, that's not the issue, my issue is that if it doesn't have harness seats STOCK, just for the sake of appearances, then it didn't need centre locking F1 style wheels, carbon brakes, lap chronometer as the dash centerpiece.. etc. it's about continuity.

i think they forgot what car the seats were going in. it looks like a 1998 base carerra, the worst 911 ever made.

I was'nt arguing your point, I was responding to this quote.
The GT3 sport seat are fun the first day, cool the second but after a while in day to day useage they just piss you off.

i know you responded to VwAlex, i just wanted to re-iterrate on the seats topic since i had seen it mentioned a few times, and i thought of a more complete way of saying what i meant the last time.

semi-related : i heard 996 GT3's were even harsher off the track and more raw inside and the 997 was actually slightly toned down. not sure if this was GT3's or jut concerning the RS.

...semi-related : i heard 996 GT3's were even harsher off the track and more raw inside and the 997 was actually slightly toned down. not sure if this was GT3's or jut concerning the RS.

That, I could'nt tell. There was one here the other day but, I'm not the one who worked on it so, I did'nt have a close up look. :( I'm preparing a 997 GT2 for Le circuit Mt-Tremblant as we speak though, just finished the inspection, going for the road test... Bye!

i know you responded to VwAlex, i just wanted to re-iterrate on the seats topic since i had seen it mentioned a few times, and i thought of a more complete way of saying what i meant the last time.

semi-related : i heard 996 GT3's were even harsher off the track and more raw inside and the 997 was actually slightly toned down. not sure if this was GT3's or jut concerning the RS.

A lot of people find the 996gt3 was a bit more hands on, and some think it was faster. Chris Green did better lap times in the 996 gt3 than the 997 gt3rs at tremblant racetrack. They are very similar car otherwise even though marketting would like you to believe otherwise.

Back