If you thought Toyota's throttle was bad, check out how VW's shit quality is worse.

Dread Specter

Hi everyone.
Dropping by to diss VW a bit as I must say I'm not very satisfied as to how they're evolving in terms of quality.

A you probably know, the 2006 jettas are plagued by all sorts of quirks and issues that are somewhat major, amongst them failing TDi engines, DSGs and electronics. Well, believe it or not, it appears rust and poor workmanship are amongst the new failures of VW. Now, I personally had to deal with the rust issue on my car (I had to argue with them to get a new boot lid as the fucking thing rusted right through over the size of a good square foot, amazingly enough) but there's this new issue I've been experiencing which rivals toyota's epicness in terms of failure.

You see, all early mk5s have issues with the poor design of the driver's door and the wiring harness that goes through it. So many people have had these issues, in fact, that a TSB was issued. Now the thing is originally, this issue causes the harness to wear out and break, and caused me to be unable to lock my door with the remote (had to lock in manually). Apparently, this was the case before I bought the car and the last owner mentioned it to VW who'd rather not repair it. Now I hadn't noticed the problem until a while ago, when I tried to open the door without unlocking it, and I did, which fired off the alarm system. Now to make a long story short, the problem evolved and believe it or not, now my entire door is not functional (windows, etc..) but now, MY FUCKING DOOR WOULD APPARENTLY UNLOCK AND OPEN FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHENEVER IT WANTED. I figure this could be quite dangerous since the door sometimes decide to unlock and open itself at 120kph on the highway and if I were leaning on it at that time, I could end up on the tarmac or hanging from this POS mexican ride.

So now, I go back to the stealership who doesn't give a fuck and tells me even though it was mentioned beforehand they won't do it on warranty, then I phoned Vdub canada and the guy called the stealership and told me he couldn't do anything, then called some hoe named Julie (couldn't even tell me what her position was) and said she denied it so there wasn't anything to do. Now I'm not going to fuck about with this thing, so I reported the thing Transport Canada (got a voicemail machine so I'm waiting for a call back), and I'm also waiting for him to escalate this thing to someone who has authority.

So needless to say, in 5 vdubs from the early 90's to 2006, this is the worst piece of shit I've ever owned and VW's customer service sucks. Seriously, please take responsibility for your fucking flawed to the bone design and repair my car before i have to sure your fucking arses because i fell off my car.

and just one last slice of life, the whole door failing meant I couldn't open the gas flap, because it's electric powered not with a linkage. Called both customer service and roadside assistance, and they assured me it was impossible to open it from any other place than the door switch. I had to take apart the entire fucking boot trim to find the lever to release the flap while they assured me I couldn't. Great job lads, good thing you're the company who built this fucking piece of shit, otherwise I could've been stranded without the right information right ? Or did I...?

Last edited:
Let me get this straight...

The trunk on your 2006 Jetta has a hole the size of a square foot rusted through it??

You bought this car new? Was it hit from behind and repaired?

Let me get this straight...

The trunk on your 2006 Jetta has a hole the size of a square foot rusted through it??

You bought this car new? Was it hit from behind and repaired?

Nope, all clean, i bought it from St-eustache VW, end of lease. And unfortunately, I have papers from them stating it was in perfect condition, and it had never been hit.... But It wasn't rusted through, just like... 90% of the metal was corroded away in terms of thickness and the diameter was quite large, albeit covered by bubbly paint in most of that 1 square foot radius. But let's just say that the actual bare rust was the size of a 1 litre paint of milk, the rest was rotting from underneath the paint. Quite a sight on an 06. Frankly, this might be the first disposable vehicle in the history on mankind.

Pics ?.... Don't worry rust seem's to appear on the hatch of my 2008 impreza... But the dealer gonna tell subaru canada about it, and THEY are going to repaint the hatch... but I expect a majorrrrr no match...

You should post this on Vortex and VW Quebec as well and email this page to CEO of VW of Canada. Let me tell you, shit'll get done.

I fear I can't provide you guys with any pictures, as after 3 weeks of arguing with VW (and the collaboration of Arbour VW, even though the car didn't come from their place), they agreed to fix the boot lid (that was about 2 months ago). Needles to say, they had to change it completely as it was unrepairable. to give you an idea, the actual, visible rust, started from the very top of the upright part of the boot lit, all the way down to the bottom of the licence plate. The most damaged part was where the plate lights are, this was rusted almost through. The plate bolts wouldn't even hold as they were right in the most rusted part. If anyone works at arbour though, you can obtain the pictures, they took so many to document my case that they ought to have some laying around heh.. Oh and, just to add some more dirt to their case,you know what their excuse was for declining to repair the boot lid originally ? That I should've never even bought that car in the first place ! Holy fucking Jesus, it's one of your end of lease car for god's sake, what the fuck !?

And just to make it clear, it wasn,t a hole per say, it was only metal rusted thoroughly from both sides, but it still held together somehow.

You should post this on Vortex and VW Quebec as well and email this page to CEO of VW of Canada. Let me tell you, shit'll get done.

Yeah, it makes sense. I'll see what i'll do, but let,s just say I warned them that if they didn't care about this case I'd let the word out,and then, as the procedure would lengthen, I'd take broader actions. I'm thinking of calling some consumer protection TV programme if they don't do it as clearly, this IS bad, it was told to them before the warranty was over, and it has been over by 3 months give or take, which isn't a huge deal for something so abnormal and serious. I mean, the harness is 196 dollars, I can't believe they even haggle about it, because for this lack of attention, they'll lose more than 200$ worth of business.

Yeah, it makes sense. I'll see what i'll do, but let,s just say I warned them that if they didn't care about this case I'd let the word out,and then, as the procedure would lengthen, I'd take broader actions. I'm thinking of calling some consumer protection TV programme if they don't do it as clearly, this IS bad, it was told to them before the warranty was over, and it has been over by 3 months give or take, which isn't a huge deal for something so abnormal and serious. I mean, the harness is 196 dollars, I can't believe they even haggle about it, because for this lack of attention, they'll lose more than 200$ worth of business.

Protection du Consommateur + JE = WIN! Do it...

if there is a TSB for the harness problem, was the TSB ever performed on your car?

How many KMS does the car have?

Im really surprised about the rust, thats weird. Ive never seen any of the newer VW's with rust.

La Eos 2010 a ma mere a 4 mois et 6500km au compteur.....en fds elle a commencée a flamber pendant la nuit dans le garage. ( flambé c'est un grand mot mais la boucanne a sortait et le dessous de l'auto a cramé un peu ! ) volks on dit que cetait parce que les lumieres etaient restées allumées lol

if there is a TSB for the harness problem, was the TSB ever performed on your car?

How many KMS does the car have?

Im really surprised about the rust, thats weird. Ive never seen any of the newer VW's with rust.

No, it wasn't performed as far as I know.
I was surprised too, I mean, if they offer a 20 year protection against rust perforation they had to be pretty confident right ?
But the lad at Arobur, philipp something I think, he's the director of the body shop, said it was common to see rust issues on these ones at a lower lever, he said they rusted a bit around the tailight area. clearly though, he had never seen something like I had on my car. But apparently he repairs some of them under the last miles of their warranty.

Back