feedback sur coilover pro race de SELEX

db235612

Jaimerais savoir si cest un bon coilover pour mon race car? Je ne connais pas selex alors je fait appel a vous !

While Selex may be a good product available in Quebec for the average car, I am not sure why anyone would put anything else than Koni sports or Races coupled with GC coilovers for a Honda /Acura. I assume this is the car we are talking about?
It is tried tested and true. NASA, SCCA HOnda Challenge etc , all use this set up.

rebuilding is easy to access and the spring rates are well known so set up is easy too.

I think that OTS Selex may be more JDM orientated as I have heard of inverted spring rates. If they allow you to custom choose you springs, AND optional springs are available, then maybe.

Are the shocks serviced locally? something to think about if you need repairs.

Agreed Carl. Selex is good but limited. There's a reason new manufacturers have a hard time breaking into racing. Hard to compete with a benchmark like Koni. They have been providing good product at reasonable prices forever.

Selex is located in montreal and yes you can buy optionnal spring amd choose your spring rate!

Now im using koni yellow to have them race spec rebuilded cost 840 maybe ill just do this then buy GC !

Selex is located in montreal and yes you can buy optionnal spring amd choose your spring rate!

Now im using koni yellow to have them race spec rebuilded cost 840 maybe ill just do this then buy GC !

The rebuild that you speak of, is it RACE revalve and body shortening as well?

If not, for the same money, you can purchase OTS KONI race and then resell your used Konis.

Agreed Carl. Selex is good but limited. There's a reason new manufacturers have a hard time breaking into racing. Hard to compete with a benchmark like Koni. They have been providing good product at reasonable prices forever.

I'd call Moton and JRZ benchmarks for racing. Koni and Bilstein are entry level. Cheap and versatile. Nothing more. But great for weekend warriors... :bigup:

Ha!

http://www.koni.com/72.html

In formula one from 1958 to this day! I'll let you be the one to tell Mclaren they're weekend warriors! "Ever since 1955 KONI have held a prominent position in the world of motorsport. Over the years many championships and victories in F1, IndyCar, Champcar, IRL, F3, GP2, WTCC and other Touringcar and Single-seaters, proof the success and confidence teams have in KONI." from their website.

allo

je roule avec une pro race AVS depuis 3 ans, cest moi qui a fait les test pour selex sur circuit routier

je te conseile une pro race avs (automatic valving systeme ) qui est une merveille:elle devore les bosses, aucun rebond ,fait pensser au comportement du suspension de porshe, tu roule a sanair comme si il n y avait pas de bosse

imagine mon montre a 600 hp et pesse 3600 lbs avec des 295/35/17 au 4 roues, je peu te dire quelle a ete bien tester

en plus tres tres bon service

il font une valving en fonction de ton application et du poids de ton auto

appelle moi pour plus de detail

418-575-1906

I'd call Moton and JRZ benchmarks for racing. Koni and Bilstein are entry level. Cheap and versatile. Nothing more. But great for weekend warriors... :bigup:

Wrong..., Koni RACE shock set up coupled with GC coilover sleeves are suited and recommended for RACING>
In fact, MOST Honda racers use this set up here in NA.

Remember, the poster has a Honda and probably wants info specific to his car.

On yeah, in general, as opus pointed out, KONI is still a world leader in racing suspension, although they do not sell their INDY Car stuff over the counter.

I am not saying KONI is the greatest- I am saying that in this case, for a HOnda, the Koni may be more suited than the SELEX.
Thats all.

Koni race are a great shock for Honda's, entry level or not. There is absolutely no need for Motons or JRZ, and going for the big name because of the big cost is just ridiculous. Look at the price of the Koni Challenge double adjustable if you are convinced Koni's are just "entry level". Just because they are Koni's doesn't mean they are any bit inferior to Motons, etc.

If you are going to tell me the Motons are double/triple/quadruple adjustable, sure, they are. but if you have ever looked at a suspension histogram you'll have seen just how useless the high speed adjusters are for most motorsports applications short of very high levels of competition.

The one thing I don't like about Selex is that they refused to provide a shock dyno with their shocks when I went to them from buy. There is no reason to do that, ever.

Drifters are suposely happy with them .. its complete opposite in rally as I heard from a reliable source.

James, I know that you have a real race weapon in your hands. There have to be at 10 guys in Canada who've been told that they are "official" road race testers for Selex. That being said, you sould see how great your car would be with some real racing shocks. I think your car has progressed well past what selex can offer. The reaction time it takes for the AVS to start functioning is the only reason the Porsches are taking you (or Julien) going into corners. If you could dial that out,they would have no advantage over you. You certainly can pull out of the corners faster. No disrespect to you or anyone you represent.

Selex

As a tester for Selex as well I have to chime in: The company and owner are great and helpful, the do have a cool product but as Opus said they are not suited to road racing past entry level, any car with lots of power and remotely good handling in the hands of the right driver can do well.

The AVS does NOT respond fast enough in any situation we have tried both the AVS and damping adjustable systems with several different spring rates in many different situations and they simply do not do the job of a race shock.

Great as an entry level coil over for SELECT tested applications and in situations where they have set the shocks up complete with pillow tops, remote adjustments that can be reached and the spring rates required for your set up, but this is not the case in many applications.

I would try anything that BBQman suggests as he has tested true the stuff he recommends and is a true road racer him self.

PS: Opus knows his shit too!:bigup:

well thank you guyz!! ill stick with Koni Race / Ground control as mentionned earlier already been tested and proven

Ill call you carl when ill have 2 minutes!

Back