The Official plans and project 2011 Thread!

BBQMAN

Shop Representative
I thought it would be nice to start a thread where people could discuss their plans for 2011.
Plans for car upgrade project, new car project and racing/track day plans.

I will get the ball started-

The Evo should see new suspension in the form of KW Club sport, I will have my rotor and pad issue sorted, new surge tank for the fuel starvation issue. More orange wheels for Hoosiers, Xs's and NT01s ( plan to have the cat ready for all TA classes).
I think I will test Whiteline sway bars both front and rear as well as the ALK.
Goodridge lines most likely and I will stick with the Gulf RF1000 as it was the only thing I didnt overpower in 2010.

Surprisingly I have no plans to increase power ...yet.

The ITR will go basically unchanged, maybe new track tires, but it will stay SCCA D stock legal for 2011.

I plan to help Vince get the Bitch a few more ponies.... more on that later.

As far as racing goes, my traveling events will go unchanged- SCCA National Solo II, COMSCC timetrials and a few roadraces in Ontario and maybe in the USA.

Closer to home- I will organise and race in the ASE Time Attack series and do a few CADL autocrosses.
Looking to organise that massive 2 day autocross as well at the autodrome.

New plans include doing a Chumpcar event with my buddy Lee W, and a 12 hour enduro with either Vince and/or Sebastien T.

So who's next??

1) Buy a C5 Z06, which will be a track/summer car.

2) Learn how to drive the Vette quickly.

3) Do some time trial events.

4) Do at least 1-2 new tracks (Glen, NHIS, Mosport...)

5) Keep helping out and instructing with as many people as possible.

Do you have your eye on a C5 yet?

Time trials with ASE or COMSCC - or both....

I have the dates for COM...

1) Buy E36 M3

2) Install suspension, exhaust and sticky tires

3) Proceed to terrorize people with it

Explain terrorize?

I do like the idea of the M3.

Isnt the poster just above you selling his?

De mon côté, je vais y aller plus relax que prévu pour 2011 étant donné que je viens de m'acheter un BMW X5 4.8i 2007. Donc moins de budget pour la track...

Je vais continuer de faire du lapping et participer au Time Attack de ASE Lapping Club, FSAQ et COMSCC.

Je prend 2 semaines de congé à la fin du mois de novembre pour travailler sur ma voiture et faire les choses suivantes:

-Changer le moteur pour un autre S54 stock

-Mouler un dash en fibre de verre à partir de celui OEM

-Refaire la ligne d'exhaust en 3.5" et sauver un autre 10lbs

-Fabriquer un arceau ou cage soudé (pas encore sûr) avec les points d'ancrages pour le subframe arrière (j'ai vendu mon arceau Kirk 4 points)

-Fabriquer un diffuseur arrière

-Fabriquer des fenêtres avant (lexan)

-Installer un oil cooler avec fan électrique pour la transmission et un pour le différentiel

Pas mal ça en gros

Excellent plan. :bigup: If I had the budget that's exactly what I'd be doing + headers. Good luck!
Track time > headers.
M50 intake manifold on 1996 + > track time

Steph, you would do well with Sebs M3..and if you needed help , I've got everything.

Finish my now almost 5 year project.

Build a tilt trailer to haul my toy.

Help Marc with some upgrades on the twin sister.

Help JSI with making some sparks

Do all lap'n'learn and Time Attack by ASE Laping Club.

Do some CADL & MCO Solo 2

Do that massive 2 day Solo 2 event at ASE.

Go To Lincoln.

Try to do all SoloSprints at Mosport with CASC-OR

yup that's enought for me.

Cheers,

Fred

Do you have your eye on a C5 yet?

Time trials with ASE or COMSCC - or both....

I have the dates for COM...

C5 Z06, preferrably 2004, but I don't have one in particular in sight, leaving for Europe Thursday, it will have to wait at least a few weeks.

Time trial events: whichever ones I can attend. Just for fun, at least the first year, since the car will remain basically stock. Dippin' my toe...

C5 Z06, preferrably 2004, but I don't have one in particular in sight, leaving for Europe Thursday, it will have to wait at least a few weeks.

Time trial events: whichever ones I can attend. Just for fun, at least the first year, since the car will remain basically stock. Dippin' my toe...

Don't bother looking in Canada. Overpriced...

Winter Projects

Ship the G35 race car to florida!!!!!!

Building a E46 M3 Race chassis with a Turbo M20 and wide body
KW V3 coil overs, AP Racing brake set up.
Some turner goodies
SDS For now for Engine management
AIM Dash/logger.

This will be the clean build, sandblasted chassis, seam welded, gusseted cage, reinforced suspension point, reinforced subframe points......

2nd Project is to rebuild Seb's old E30 race car maybe with a NA M motor, the rest of the car is really proven and just a needs rebuild.

This past season was the most fun i've had since I started in the sport 10 years ago. Thanks Carl.

So the plan is for a repeat in 2011 with a few extra key events on the calendar while trying to maintain a balance between family/job/racing. 2 kids 4&8, a job that requires frequent travel to US/Europe, often makes it tough at times to plan or even justify a racing weekend...

Mosport - a must for both dates
Calabogie lapping - should do for a first time
ASE lapping/T/A - for sure
LCMT or Glen - wish list if fits on calendar
CADL autoslalom - iCar and PMG events only
SCCA Solo - a few National Tours and National Championship

It will be tough to do ALL of the above (see balance family/job/racing)

Car plans, for the CRX over the winter:

CRX will stay SCCA Solo STS class legal at least for one more year.
-Improve the craptastic brakes.
-design and fabricate new rear swaybar mounts/links
-fabricate a 4pt roll bar, install 5pt harness, review seat mounting
-rebuild the manual steering rack

Civic Si will continue to serve DD duties and occasional track use. Will need to get some Kumhos XS next spring.

Then of course there's allways this designed-built-from-scratch race car project that I manage to refrain myself from kicking off. See family/job/racing balance again, lol...

Installation d'une Cage dans la vielle BM d'ici Noel
Cet hiver: lapping et cour chez mecaglisse , des TSD avec le SMCC et peut-etre en nouvelle angleterre.
Préparer l'auto pour le Rallye de Sanair.
Refaire du Lapping à St-Eu, Tremblant et Mosport mais cette fois avec des bushing de moins de 35 ans. Faire 1-2 rally sur la garnotte et une petite course de cote aux states pas trop loin. Essayer de trouver des sponsors pour nous aider à faire le Targa, Peut-etre refaire un moteur ? Et ensuite decider ce que je devrais enlever de cette liste si je veut garder ma blonde....

Back