Bad Tune? AND Subbie rim Thread

20101029127.jpg

So i went out and did some pulls with jacklyn, who i was dead even with on cobb stage 1. Now i pull around 1-2 cars on him.

My tune now: spike 19 taper to - 14
Where it should be: spike 26 taper to 22

so its safe to say my car is running very weak. I also have a dead spot from 4-6 k rpms now which should be there.

ill keep everyone posted as i figure this out over the next few days

there is around 18psi of vacume according to the information i found, so im thinking this might be the problem as the vacume hoses might pinch under WOT. (i am no expert in this so i understand if this could be very wrong)

If you have 18psi of vacuum in the manifold at WOT and 4500rpm then you definately have a problem!

she's gonna be one quick Evo. Already sounds great and pulls hard....can't wait to see a few more pops out the back ;)

tempted, gonna do coils and wheels simultaneously. I need them for lapping next year and refuse to run stock tires again. I'll probably go rota, enkei, something mediocre that I might bend/brake, but won't give a shit cause it;s a 150$ wheel no 500$ wheel.

not ideal for lapping bryan but dooo it!!! lol

DSC_0231-1.jpg

and im posting this pic cuz its fucking hawwwt!

20100817-_dsc8464.jpg

would have had a red one, but one of my best friends bought it well before I bought mine.

sucks... I dont know why they dropped the red though... suited the car so well.

I heard something about the color turning pink real fast

sorry, i meant offset.... must be at least +25 or less to poke like that

Thread title change

Thought i would change the thread title for all you guys discussing Subaru rims...

Enjoy!

hopefully ill hear from my tuner soon, the large dead spot from 4-6k rpms could be because im running a bit too lean. But im no expert so ill find out soon

too lean? how lean are we talking? generally speaking, lean = fast.

11.6 max happend once. but usually, 10.9 - 11.4. What could cause a dead spot in the rpms. i have very little power until 6krpms

11.6 isnt that lean. My rb runs about 11.5-11.7 all the way through the powerband.

reasons for loss of power?

restrictive exhaust, exhaust leak, I would also say boost leak, but your afr would be rich in that case.
other than that, check compression? maybe the timing needs adjustment?

i gotta do something stupid to my STi to make it fast so i can beat that evo.

Also, no questions asked that TW's skyline will buttrape my shit, but i still wanna go against it just for the lulz and to compare.

Also, i think the 335 would be a solid race, youtube worthy...

Back