Bad Tune? AND Subbie rim Thread

I figured i'd bump this thread, good to do 60-200 pulls anytime!

STILL waiting on my tune :rant: . the tuner told me it would be ready last wednesday morning. i tried contacting him... he's been ignoring me since then!!!

And no one in quebec can tune an evo with an accessport safely!!!

Tuners are all the same it seems...

worst case scenario i take out my boost pill, replace it with the stock one, remove my bov, replace it with the stocker, take out the solenoid side pill and hope that cobb stage 2 runs safely.

the problem is that cobb stage 2 map WILL knock, the stock bpv WILL leak, and the stock boost pill WONT hold the boost thats already capped off early from the bpv leaking. ill be losing about 30 awhp across the power band if not more.

:angry:

Make a datalog with your accesport in 4th gear at WOT from 3k rpm till redline and make some datalog on normal condition driving.

Then go see DrPat at ACSP with your laptop and show him your datalog.

Pat 450-973-1666

He won't be able to put your car on is dyno since it's a 2wd, but he will help you out for sure

srs? you need all that to run stage 2 properly?

No, stage 2 won't run properly with a bpv or a boost pill on evo x. The map will over boost, if I remove those parts and the solenoid style pill it will. The bpv and turbo side pill have to be stock.

About the tuner. I wish it was that easy but as soon as this guy sees a getrag sst he won't touch the car. The transmission is very tempermental if you haven't tuned with these trannys before.

boost pill: does not hold boost, rather bleeds boost in a controlled way. Use the EBCS, don't start trying different pills. Learnt that on my old WRX.

I did loose to an STi....what a crying shame :)

but I also beat that same STi....so wtf mate?

anddd buy a Subaru so you can drive a real car. Mitsu tries so hard to compete, only to be an electronic nightmare. Did you know to disengage traction I click a button, just one button, that is well within arms reach? I know, crazy eh?

I think lots of people are gonna flame me for going from a wrb 05 sti to a black 05 sti, but i have my reasons, and it was a good choice imo! This one i'm keeping for a while!

I think lots of people are gonna flame me for going from a wrb 05 sti to a black 05 sti, but i have my reasons, and it was a good choice imo! This one i'm keeping for a while!

yaaa....OBP is beautiful. As is WRB but I doubt most people would flame u, having an STi alone is sick.

Back