News: Lauzon destroys Lamborghini - Case resolved

Greg_van

UPDATE: A settlement has been reached whereby I've been fully compensated for the financial loss. I want to thank everyone for the support! Looking forward to getting her back on the road!

Thanks!

Original post:

As many of you know, I brought my Gallardo to Audi/Porsche Lauzon for a wheel alignment a little over 6 weeks ago.

They took the car for a "test drive". Witnesses described the speed (on St-Martin in Laval) as incredibly reckless with several redline upshifts (1st gear ends at 112kph, 2nd gear at around 150, and 3rd at about 180. Do the math).

Needless to say they spun it, went over the centre divide, took out a lamp post, and ended up sideways in oncoming traffic on the other side of the road. Between the car and the fallen pole, they managed to block 5 lanes on a busy intersection. Amazing that no other cars were hit. Damages so far are over $60k with shattered rims, snapped spindles, hubs, destroyed axles, bent shocks, control arms, steering, bumpers, entire underside of the car, oil leaks, etc.

Lauzon then proceeded to do.. well, not quite what you'd expect from someone who just wrecked your life savings + 2nd mortgage while you were waiting in the showroom. They wouldn't even provide a loaner. Then things only got uglier. They wouldn't let me have a closer look at my car in their lot, they wouldn't let me talk to their appraiser, their insurance wouldn't provide me with a rental (for the above reasons I had to claim it on my insurance to have any control over the situation), and when I went to see Michel Lauzon things just got nasty with them blowing off any liability for damages.

After I lawyered up, Lauzon requested I not talk to the media while they worked on a settlement. So I stopped commenting on forums, turned down the media/papers that called me, and didn't publicize the incident in any way. It's now been over 6 weeks and they've ignored every deadline. Every bit of correspondence from their lawyers basically either implied that they weren't liable or that my car was worth very little (Not sure how this excuses them, or how they reckon considering the car has been on display at 3 international car shows).

I'm now fed up and am not going to keep quiet about it anymore. I'm basically asking anyone in a position to pressure Lauzon to do so, anyone who is considering buying a Porsche/audi/vw to buy elsewhere, take your car for service elsewhere, and spread the word about how they treat their customers.

I've appealed once again to Porsche Cars Canada to mediate the dispute. I'm gradually going to turn the heat up online, in the media, at the forthcoming Montreal auto show, etc.

Please let me know if you're in any position to help. Even just a reply to this thread with a word of support will show them that people DO care.

I've purchased several domains including:
lauzonporsche.ca
lauzonaudi.ca
lauzonvw.com

These will go live at the end of this week with all the facts if the situation hasn't been resolved to my liking.

I want to give all you guys a big thanks for all the support and I'll be owing some rides when this is all settled.

Cheers!

P.S. I want to give huge props to Audi Prestige who will be handling the repairs. The people there have all been fantastic and supportive. They always make time for me whenever I pop in unannounced to check up on the car (which is quite often). If you're in the market, GO THERE!

1110lauzon.jpg

Last edited:
To the haters: yes, some people are passionate about things and willing to work their asses off for something. Sorry you don't have the same drive, not my fault.

To the rest: Thanks!

Tu as surment le rapport de police non ? Tu as des photos du wreck ?
Qu'est-ce que ta compagnie d'assurance en dit ?
Cela serait possible de prouver une négligence criminelle ? Ils ont une assurance corporative non ? Je crois que la situation est que, Lauzon n'a surment pas de coverage assez important pour ce genre de véhicule. Je doute que le probleme soit que la cie d'Assurance de lauzon ne veuille pas rembourser.

Good luck on this!

I might be a toyota fan, but nobody deserve to get their car wrecked by an idiot who was reckless with it. Especially if the idiot in question was the one doing maintenance on it

I hope you win because having someone smash your car is unnacceptable.

But on a side note, you spent your life savings and a 2nd mortgage on a car? Are you fucking kidding me?

On s'en fout de l'hypothèque christie ça aucun rapport. J'espère que le tout va se régler en ta faveur. Je ne suis pas le type de gars à vouloir brasser de la marde pour faire régler mes problèmes car souvent ça ne fait que se détériorer. Bonne succès dans tes démarches et tiens nous au courant.

But on a side note, you spent your life savings and a 2nd mortgage on a car? Are you fucking kidding me?

ok please.
Lets keep this thread clean !
Start a new one if you want to debate about that..lol

+1, I'll support you on this, and spread the word about the dealers.

Bonne chance, c'est d'la vrai marde qui ton fait ca....

Go public, as public as you can, and the websites are actually quite clever. Try and contact as many media sources as possible. don't restrict yourself to the montreal based papers/sites... Go for ontario too, not sure it'll actually change anything but more is better in this case.

PS. the number for Audi Lauzon is 450-688-1120, maybe just drap them a line and bitch or e-mail them some hate from MR at http://www.lauzonaudi.com/en/info/contact/index.spy on the bottom of the page.

Tu as surment le rapport de police non ? Tu as des photos du wreck ?
Qu'est-ce que ta compagnie d'assurance en dit ?
Cela serait possible de prouver une négligence criminelle ? Ils ont une assurance corporative non ? Je crois que la situation est que, Lauzon n'a surment pas de coverage assez important pour ce genre de véhicule. Je doute que le probleme soit que la cie d'Assurance de lauzon ne veuille pas rembourser.

Sorry for answering in english, my written french sucks.

My insurance company will cover and bill their insurance for repairs. Lauzon has liability insurance, and my car is worth no more than a new 911 Turbo or a Carrera GT. Problem is their liability insurance might not pay out because of the negligence involved.

I found several witnesses on this forum that say it was sheer recklessness.

AWESOME!!

I'm just not sure about blackmailing with the domain names!

Good luck to you and with hope that you prevail against these fucking douches.

Bonne chance, c'est d'la vrai marde qui ton fait ca....

Go public, as public as you can, and the websites are actually quite clever. Try and contact as many media sources as possible. don't restrict yourself to the montreal based papers/sites... Go for ontario too, not sure it'll actually change anything but more is better in this case.

PS. the number for Audi Lauzon is 450-688-1120, maybe just drap them a line and bitch or e-mail them some hate from MR at http://www.lauzonaudi.com/en/info/contact/index.spy on the bottom of the page.

Ça va servir à quoi de faire ça? :dunno:

Sorry for answering in english, my written french sucks.

My insurance company will cover and bill their insurance for repairs. Lauzon has liability insurance, and my car is worth no more than a new 911 Turbo or a Carrera GT. Problem is their liability insurance might not pay out because of the negligence involved.

I found several witnesses on this forum that say it was sheer recklessness.

btw did u already contact a lawyer to sue these guys???

Back