Post your old racing/driving games memories

ThePapi

Post random memories and screenshots of old games that you loved. All this GT5 talk is getting old :D

Fatal Racing/Whiplash.

Very wierd physics but the game was cool. I remember the demo was HARD.

images

images

images

Screamer

I remember this was supposed to be going up against NFS SE with a more arcade twist and although it failed somehow, it wasn't a bad game. The one and only possible crash was a perfectly executed flipout that only an Olympic diving champion could describe.
screamer1.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

Although it kind of failed against NFS, the Screamer series seemed to always follow along what others were doing like Screamer Rally

Screamer Rally
Screamer.png

images

And Screamer 4x4
images

I remember Screamer Rally was good but have never played 4x4.

Death Really

Today, this game would be advertised as DEATH RALLY.....FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU.......

Foto+Death+Rally.jpg

death-rally.jpg

Ignition

Ignition was awesome, I loved that game so much. Jumps and mayhem all over the place.

ignition_1.jpg

ignition_2.jpg

ignitionss1.gif

Revolt

Revolt was, to put it bluntly, the fucking shit.

At first you would get frustrated because the controls were so twitchy but that's what R/C cars are like and once you got used to it, MAN it was a great game.

re-volt-h_oyunu.jpg

revolt2.jpg

revolt4.png

Last edited:
I remember there was a very hard open city underground drag racing game. And I remember driving a golf, modding the shit out of it, and selling the hood, doors and the rear hatch to get extra money to mod the car. you could go buy a car at a lot...

anyone know what game it was?

1nsane
Insane is probably THE driving game I played most in my lifetime. It got mixed reviews and remained kind of obscure but it was a riot from start to finish.

The physics were perfect, and it was based on games rather than racing. There was racing through checkpoints as a default mode, but Capture the Flag, King of the hill, Return the flag, derby and more. Trying to race the flag across the map in a dune buggy with dozens of cars and trucks jumping over your head and crashing everywhere was awesome

The crashes were spectacular and the damage modelling was GREAT. The vehicle can become seriously deformed, and you'll find that if your frame has been bent to the right, your car will pull to the right. If your frame has been twisted, you'll find that some of your wheels don't touch the ground and they become useless.

Multiplayer was a fucking war.

1nsane-67110-3.jpeg

insane-screenshot.jpg

shot1.jpg

1nsane-67110-1.jpeg

84323293.jpg

Viper Racing
Now Viper racing was okay, the driving was great but could've been better. I remember the warez I had contained a 50 ton bowling ball cheat that you could spit out of your car to send your opponents flying across the universe.

The crashes were cool in that one so yeah...I played this one a lot.

viper_screen004.jpg

viper_racing.jpg

viper1.jpg

Grand Prix Circuit

I played this one a lot but I was really young. I learned the concept of shifting gears from playing that game.
grand-prix-circuit-ss1.gif

Grand%20Prix%20Circuit_3.png

Grand%20Prix%20Circuit_4.png

Grand%20Prix%20Circuit_5.png

grand_prix_circuit.png

Spinning out in that game was a truly nauseous experience.
02_grand_prix_circuit.gif

Grand%20Prix%20Circuit_8.png

Top Gear 2.

Badass game. The music in this one was great, but entering your 473 caracter password was annoying.

orig_15905_1_1258669349.jpg

6524_0.png

topgear2_2.jpg

topgear2_3.jpg

final_topgear.gif

Big Red racing
Pretty fun in multiplayer. there were always stupid things being said in the menus and everywhere during the races

217-1.jpg

bigred1.png

bigred3.png

bigred4.png

Micro Machines on NES.
Fuck this game was hard but so awesome

micro_machines_2___turbo_tournament-49890.png

31_micromachines.jpg

Test Drive
Yes, driving around a mountain COULD get old at some point. You would stop at checkpoints, open the glove box and pull a paper out that said "You drive like my grandmother" although you've given it all you got. Well, then FUCK your grandmother, and fuck your game too.

Test_Drive-1.png

Test_Drive-2.png

Last edited:
Test Drive
Yes, driving around mountain COULD get old at some point. You would stop at checkpoints, open the glove box and pull a paper out that said "You drive like my grandmother" although you've given it all you got.

I remember hitting cows in the barn with that game

Hard Drivin'
1181242121368.jpg

hard_drivin_arcade_flyer.jpg

yHard_Drivin%27.gif

I spent so much $$ on this back in the day

Beetle Crazy Cup
Stadium events and racing Westfalias and beetle around. That one was quite boring

beetle+crazy+cup++++6.jpg

beetle+crazy+cup++++4.jpg

Need for Speed : Porsche Unleashed

That was fucking great, period. Even if you didn't have the lastest PC, it looked awesome, great detail, the best balance between arcade and sim, you could mod your cars.

This game had nothing wrong.

porsche_790screen004.jpg

0500.jpg

nfs_ss11b.jpg

nfs-fsaa.jpg

Last edited:
Midtown Madness... J'ai trop joué a ca....

Need Ford Speed High Stakes... J'avais télécharger un 10 roues Shell de fuel, il roulait 275-300 km/h et était tellement lourd que j'envoyais les chars de police en orbite....
Y'avait aussi la Speed Freak qui roulait 8000 km/h....

Driver aussi était pas pire. CHauffeur pour la pegre...

hahahaha j'ai pas grand chose a rajouter, vous avez dit les meilleurs!
wow Big Red Racing j'ai encore la boite de ce jeu la!
esti que j'ai joué a Insane en multiplayer... c'etait tellement drole

je pourrais rajouter POD
89540_large.jpeg

Screamer 2

Carmageddon
carmageddon1.jpg

carmageddon2_01.jpg

Monster Truck Madness
1998_Monster_Truck_Madness_2.jpeg

I loved Big Red racing!
The Lambo Ameridan Challenge: CD cost me 16$ when I was in high school ,some ass borrowed it, broke it and refused to pay.

StuntsGame1.gif

256pxQuarantinegamebox.jpg

1943-1.jpg

carmageddon-cover.jpg

Carmageddon, Midtown Madness, Need For Speed High Stakes, Monster Truck Madness were great games. Whiplash was also a good game. It's just disappointing when you wanna bring back some good old memories of playing these games, you then play and realize how the graphics sucks.

Back