Good service from Chevrolet Ile Perrot.

Gregster

Legacy Member
My sister has a 2009 G5 (Chevy Cobalt) and on Wednesday she suffered the dreaded "Key stuck in the ignition" right after she got home from my garage. She called me in a panic because her key wouldn't turn off anymore. I told him to come back to the shop (Ile Perrot back to VSL) When she rolled up I had some choice words for GM... none of them I can repeat in polite company. Her car is just off of the 60k warranty and she was worried that she would be footing the bill for a new ignition switch and etc. After I couldn't get the keys out, it appears GM no longer has a manual release under the wheel which lead to more choice words for GM. I told her to call her service adviser the dealer.. Which happens to be MR member Silver7.

He called her back right away and told her to come in the next day. Unfortunately to turn off the car I showed her how to pull the fuel pump relay and then disconnect the battery. After words I had more choice words for GM... Because doing this on a 2009 model car is perfectly normal right? The next day she goes in and as I mentioned the car was 2300 kms out of warranty. The dealer ended up covering the part under warranty under "good will". She was very happy and I even said that it was nice of them to take care of a customer saving her a couple $$$ not to mention saving me the hassle of changing the switch.

So five Gregster stars to Silver7 and Chevy Ile Perrot . -1000000 Gregster stars to GM for not recalling the cars for a very well known issue they've had for 5 years.

Amazing story. Just wanted to share that dealerships can be nice sometimes, we always hear the horror stories with them either wrecking customer cars or being jackasses with warranty work.

Yves at the parts counter is one of the 4 dealership parts guy that I don't want to punch in the face when I talk to them.

Thumbs up for GM Ile Perrot

My sister has a 2009 G5 (Chevy Cobalt) and on Wednesday she suffered the dreaded "Key stuck in the ignition" right after she got home from my garage. She called me in a panic because her key wouldn't turn off anymore. I told him to come back to the shop

:dunno:

Truth?

I don't know about the garage guys but my father and I had a fucking hard time with one disrespectful salesman there... Very rude, very stuck up and was seriously unwilling to give us good customer service.

My dad goes to regate in valleyfield now.

I don't know about the garage guys but my father and I had a fucking hard time with one disrespectful salesman there... Very rude, very stuck up and was seriously unwilling to give us good customer service.

My dad goes to regate in valleyfield now.

Sounds like my moms experience at Mercedes Benz West Island...

thanks greg, im actually going there this week
this thread scared me for a second, i was hoping the title wasnt sarcasm

Back