Charity... How many of you give?

I agree completely with you, the smaller organizations are to be encouraged.

Thank you for linking me to a perfect thread to troll. I found the most perfect nastiest picture.

I am in the second year of sponsoring a little girl in Mongolia through The World Vision.
I give time and donations to the Montreal Missing Childrens Network. (Helping with outreach to the public or racing in a dragon boat race)
And i try to donate to any of my friends or family who are raising for specific causes.
Last year i supported 2 friends biking across canada to raise money for a machine for the Children's Hospital. I held a bottle drive for 1 month at my work. Managed to raise 170$. Might not sound like much... but think about it... every can is only 5 cents.
I also ran a 50/50 raffle for 4 weeks at work to benefit to World Vision. It was awesome, everyone was in to help!

I've also volunteered at animal shelters and give to the David Suzuki Foundation.

chez nous, annuellement, on donne 2.5% de la fortune qui na pas bougé pendant toute 1 annee.
aussi a toute les fetes religieuses, on donne quelque chose...la priorité est aux gens les plus proches et biensur les plus en besoin (famille»famille lointaine»connaissances et voisins)
aussi mes parents sont toujours disponibles aider, ma mere recupere de temps en temps nos vetements non utilisés...
et bien dautre petits gestes ici et la :)

j'donne erien j'suis trop pauvre. le jour que je vais faire assez de cash sans suer a tout les jours j'vais etre genereux.

Seeing some of the retarded responses in this thread makes me think I should start a charity for mentally handicapped people from MR.

"I give enough money via taxes", etc

10$ are taken from each pay each week for charity. It's not a lot but at least i give.
+1 for me.
I think this is the easiest as it's removed directly from your pay so your giving without even really noticing. The only problem is the majority of the time you don't get to choose the charity the money is donated too.
Mine is for Club Des Petits Déjeuners btw.

You should give your hockey tickets to the guy who runs this charity hockey tournament for kids that are too poor to buy hockey equipement: www.playitforwardkids.com These guys are the real deal, it's not big yet but the time they invest to organise and do everything, it's really priceless to see the pictures of the kids who get some brand new hockey equipement! I played the last few years and we give what we can to help these kids who are less fortunate.

pm me if you want the guy's contact info *tu*

Back