Charity... How many of you give?

MontrealM3

Legacy Member
What are your thoughts on charity?

I try to give about 5% of my revenue to charity - there is no science to that amount, it's just what it eventually comes to. It can be in the form of giving away a laptop, giving hockey tickets, cash, time, etc. There is no right amount - whatever you can give is surely appreciated.

At Christmas, I try to focus my endeavors on more personal interventions that make individual differences.

I would like to know what you do for charity? I have had a few great experiences including volunteering my company to help at the old mission brewery (you should have seen their faces when I mentioned it but everyone ended up delivering.)... it was quite an eye-opening experience that everyone appreciated.

This christmas I did a few things but I have one specific one I will throw out to the MR crew - I have a pair of hockey tickets in January to give away. The catch is that the recipients really need to deserve it. That can mean several things;

-People who are in a hard spot and can use the few hours of distraction
-People who sacrifice to help others

My focus has been traditionally on children (sick kids, etc).

If you can give me a great reason, their yours!

Happy holidays whatever your religious denomination is.

RM

you shouldn't have mentioned the tickets.

Now the posts will be biased.

I don't want your tickets but I'll share what I do to help others.

Kids are also my focus...right now I can only give clothes and a few bucks here and there to various foundations (or sometimes personally when I think it's better that way)

One day, I want to open a free language school for kids to learn their parent's languages. This way I can really help in preserving your origins.

Why? Because it saddens me to see kids who don't speak spanish even though their parents are spanish because the parents didn't care to teach them.

When I see a spanish kid who only speaks english or french...I feel like beating the parents.

Which is why I'd like to open a free language school one day to offer the opportunity of learning what should have been their maternal language.

People often wonder why I don't give more to starving people n that usual shit and honestly I have to say...it's soooo overplayed that I just don't care for that. I rather go after issues that aren't that "usual" but are still a problem.

I rather give my time/thoughts/focus to issues to which I can relate to...

Last edited:
I don't believe in charity in form of money, goods and time are the real deal...

Ironically I give a huge part of my income to a crooked orgnization called Canada

Je done 5$ par paye pour la scérose en plaque, et j'ai donner a des jeunes de 6 a 11 ans 40$ en Jouet, un organisme que je contribue a chaque année cette année cétait pour 2 jeunes soit 20$ Chaque, tout le magasin contribue, puis ensuite on le donne directement au jeune en main propre.

Puis un peu partout soit les caisses, épicerie etc, donc en moyenne 200$ par année.

Étant moi même atteind de sclérose en plaque, j'essayes de contribuer!

I always give to the kids foundations, make a wish and now there is the star light charity ( i think thats what its called)

And at christmas time i always bring food or clothes to old brewery mission

it makes me feel good for all the bad things i do all year lol

I always give to the kids foundations, make a wish and now there is the star light charity ( i think thats what its called)

And at christmas time i always bring food or clothes to old brewery mission

it makes me feel good for all the bad things i do all year lol

x fuckin 2 dude

I give to Mira only

if I had to give to every company (yes most are companies, not really charities with their admin fees) that askes for money, I'd be poor.

I choose one and only give to that one

I pay tickets, taxes on gas. I sometimes buy 6/49. Oh yeah, I get buttfucked by Hydro, Fido and Videotron every month. Sometimes I like to get anal raped without lube at the SAQ. Enough Charity.

I like my landlord.

I'm about to start a charity for myself. Fucking student loans and credit cards.

I give my Canadian Tire money. That's about it. I'll let big companies do their share and collect the tax deductions. I say, keep your money, buy gold, silver and platinum.

Most of that charity bullshit is corrupted anyways.

brb laughing at Quebec shithole while I read Le Journal De Montreal taking a shit.

/end rant.

I help animal charities, human charities im not so fond of, i have helped before though, and if i see anyone in need i will lend a helping hand. But If you are between 18-50 and have all limbs functioning, get a job.

Back