America In Color 1939 to 1943

cyntheman

Wow these pictures are amazing. I could look at pictures from the past all day and still be amazed.

check out these crazy pictures:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/07/26/captured-america-in-color-from-1939-1943/

Man times have changed.. you can see on these peoples face the amount of hardship / work they had to do in order to survive.

Americas development is also astonishing but the economic downturn will give a sour taste for these paste generations.

lol wut ?
color011.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG

fuzzy ?

man those days look so boring. no internet, no xbox or ps3, no iphone, no tv, no fast cars, what do ppl do to spend time??

holy shit, people were ugly back then.

I'm sooo glad it's 2010, no matter how fucked up things are.

What would be REALLY amazing is for some people in those photographs to still remember today that exact moment in their lives when the photograph was taken. Wow. :)

There's some pretty ugly people in those pictures, but there's none from big cities and most of the people look to be from the working class.

That was America before CREDIT was invented. People had to work BEFORE getting their stuff. The only loan you could get was a farm or house loan and you needed collateral.

People think credit was a bad thing and is crippling The US. The problem with credit is that it's been abused.

Back then people were POOR. They couldn't afford all the children they had to have because there was no alternative.

Saying they were ugly is really stupid. Those people were battered, their spirits broken by war, hunger and being overworked. I'd like to see YOU with no commercial soaps, cosmetics, hair and skin care products, decent clothes.

I feel bad for those people. But not as bad as for their FAT AMERICAN BASTARDS they have now.

color066.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG

seems fake, black woman working?? IF i remember correctly back in the old days blacks were still slaves and women aren't allowed to work.

Back