Feature Article: The state of our roads is disgusting

I'm with dannyitr on this one, we pay and pay and pay and pay and we get nothing in return. They stuff this tripe about being in defecit down our throats and tax us beyond belief and expect us to smile while they sodomize us! Then when we want public inquires into corruption at the highest levels they turn face and ignore or fundamental rights as democracy. What do we get in return? Shit roads, high gas prices, and a crumbling infrastructure that makes WWII london look like heaven. Man, I need a jack&coke.

It will never be repaired properly with the current planning. They need to build a parallel or temporary bridge like other counties are doing and shut it down completely to properly repair it or else you get this band-aid effect and a total waste of money in doing patch up jobs.

Coming to a bridge near you ! ...LoL this happened in the summer of 2007 in Minneapolis a city similar to Montreal in the summer of 2007 during rush hour

Last edited:
Yeah well the worst part is that it's not about to end.. Democracy dosen't really exist it's just a way to make people think the govt is trying to help us but in a way "keep your friends close and those you want to exploit closer" :) it snows just as much I'm sure in other parts of the world and the streets are in much better condition. Here I'll even give these morons some ideas? Since they always say cracks and potholes are due to dilation of the ground because of temperature differences, why don't they put rubber in the asphalt? At least it could help? It can help if instead of patching up roads on surfaces that are already unperfected to tear it down completely and start new!

What does our "freak" weather have to do with it? Ontario has the EXACT same climate as us, as does northern USA.

Quebec had such a deficit over the last 50 years that it was nearly impossible to maintain the roads to perfection so they relied on cheap fixes and patching and procrastinating while at the same time using the cheapest of raw materials to save money as well as stabilize jobs when it all needed to be re-repaired and constantly fixed, in recent years our economy is much stronger despite the 2008 crash and they are spending tonnnns of money on construction but theres only so much that can be done so it will take time and even the jobs today are still not anywhere as good as Ontario who use high quality raw materials and use quality control tests to test durability and longevity and basically do the job right the first time and kept on the ball throughout many years of construction....... but hey we have cheap beer :bigup:

I also think if that bridge was in that condition in say California for example, somebody would be sued it's a disgrace along with mannnnny other roads

images

images

images

What happened on champlain?? I swear 2 days ago it was fine and today I cross and it feels like it's been bombed..all those potholes?!

en ete je etais en ontarion pr la 1ere fois, wow cest le jour et la nuit quand tu compares avec quebec ...

Le problème vient des élus municipaux qui ne veulent pas investir les sommes requises pour faire des belles routes. Ils préfèrent faire des réparations moins couteuse pour sauver de l'argent. Quand ils ont fini leurs termes ils laissent le problème au prochain qui répète la même erreur. J'habite sur la rive-sud et je travaille a Mtl, j'ai un véhicule de compagnie fourni.... si ce n'étais pas le cas je n'aurais pas accepté un poste a MTL. Mon auto personelle traverse jamais les ponts a moins de pas avoir le choix. Si j'habitais a MTL j'aurais honte de me faire fourrer par la ville qui prend nos taxes et qui donne pas grand chose de bon en retour. J'aurais peur d'être le contracteur qui est supposé faire les routes de la bonne facon... c'est sur qu'il se fait visiter par des gros bras avec des moyens de pression pas plaisants...

Back