Anyone that knows "forklifts"?

Z-uL8r

Shop Representative
I had bought my forklift in 2007..after a while realised battery wasnt strong enough to hold the charge up..it died..was parked till today..i got my battery changed just like an hour ago but now the forklift isnt moving..

it turns on..lights turn on..but motor doesnt seem to be working..on the gauge thing the wrench/tool sign keeps flashing..Im assuming its for the service?

is moisture a possibility for it to do that? as I got it towed from my other warehouse to the current 1 in the snow..

*the lights keep blinking..the DIR light blinks aswell..but 1 thing that its not like a normal blink..its flashing retardedly**

is it possible the motor brush is gone?

Thanks in advance..

I don't know anything about forklifts, but it might help the people who do know anything about them if you posted some details, like the make and model.

I don't know anything about forklifts, but it might help the people who do know anything about them if you posted some details, like the make and model.

I would have to agree because taht will be the first thing some one that knows forklifts will ask you

j'ai eu probleme similaire avec une Zamboni électrique... s'était simplement le connecteur de la batterie qui était trop sale / corrodé pour laisser passé assez d'ampère...

Sérieusement... Ça prend plus de détails que ça.

J'ai été mécano de forklift pendant deux ans.

Je peux pas faire grand chose pour t'aider si tu donnes pas de détails.

It's sad that I do not know much about forklifts, even though my father has been working for a forklift company for the past 50 years. Yes, 16 to 66 ...

Hey guys,

well the forklift is Electric and this morning when I tried to start it..it wasnt as bad as last night..I mean the lights stopped flickering retardedly..I removed the rear panel where the fuse and all the electric components are and when putting it in forward or reverse I hear a tick/clicking noise..found out it was coming from these 2 small modules which Im assuming tells me that it is engaging?

again..all the lights..even the fork it self..hydraulics are working..it just isnt moving..

I think it may be just a fuse but Im not sure which one or what to do as I dont really want to screw it up..

The damn thing is just parked right infront of my garage door..Id like for it to work asap..

any sort of help will be appreciated..

thanks in advance.

p.s the make and model is crown 60fctl-130..its an old electric forklift.

Is there some form of limit switch on the handbrake/parking brake? Sounds like a switch is not giving the signal to the solenoid on the valve body for the drive controls. Check for current at the drive solenoid/plunger

Vérifie les contacts des relais. C'est eux qui font les "ticks" que tu entends. Ça devrait ressembler à ça.

contactor-214.jpg

Vérifie si les contacts sont beaux. Sinon change-les.

Ensuite regarde si tu as du voltage qui se rend au moteur avec un multimètre. ( embraye-le et pèse sur la pédale de gas pendant que tu fais ta lecture)

Si tu as du voltage, tu as un trouble de moteur. Si t'as pas de voltage, check le voltage du potentiomètre de la pédale à gas. Si t'as pas de voltage, change le potentiomètre.

Aussi, vérifie tout le filage de la pédale à gas jusqu'aux contacteurs. Souvent le trouble est ben niaiseux.

Reviens-nous avec tes résultats de tests.

#1. Light goes on?
#2. frozen batteries?
#3 Water in batteries?
#4 Batteries charged? %

btw what is the forklift... hyster,manitou,linde???

#1. Light goes on?
#2. frozen batteries?
#3 Water in batteries?
#4 Batteries charged? %

btw what is the forklift... hyster,manitou,linde???

De 1: La batterie vient d'être changée, donc l'eau et le voltage devraient être corrects.

De 2: le lift est un crown 60fctl-130

I know more about propane/fuel lift but, I know that lift have 2 safetty switch that block you from moving. The handbrake switch (should be close to your hand brake lever) and a Seat switch (located under your seat) If it's a 2 wires switch, try to bypass it by puting a wire from the ground hole to the positiv hole, end see if it work. Those switch usualy come with a beeeeep sound when they are defect.

+ do what meanteg said

thanks alot guys for trying to help..

the hand brake is released for sure..that I made sure off.

What I don't get is that when the forklift got delivered at my warehouse..it moved like 10ft and then stopped..so I don't think its anything to do with releasing anything..? and also I noticed it didnt move as quick/faster as it did from when I drove it in 2008.

Everytime I press the pedal for it to move the service wrench sign comes on and the code *24* appears. I'm assuming its like a check engine light and 24 is the code?

I got someone to come by today but he couldnt figure it out either..he said he will come back on Wednesday and it could cost me $600~ plus labor..

I have a feeling its probably something very small and stupid..only I could know...

as for MyRidzPhucked..they gave me a refurbished battery and took mine once they installed...I paid close to $3000 for it.

24-36-48 volt ? Es-tu sur que la batterie que tu as mit a le même voltage que l'ancienne. C'est une batterie neuve ou une batterie use que t'a mit? Dans le 3/4 des cas c'est la batterie le problème. Mais si tu es vraiment sur que la batterie et connexion sont correctes un mauvais contacteur pourrait être en problème. Ton hydraulique marche ? Ton volant est-il dur a tourné ?

Back