Accident without insurance

Janno

If someone rear-ends a car, but that person doesn't have insurance, what happens?

Rear bumper is smashed, and will be claimed to insurance. What happens to the other driver? Loss of license? ticket to pay? Sued by my insurance company?

Don't worry, I wasn't the one driving the "at fault" car. Just would like to know what would happen to the other driver if I claim was filed, and he/she didn't have insurance.

If someone rear-ends a car, but that person doesn't have insurance, what happens?

Rear bumper is smashed, and will be claimed to insurance. What happens to the other driver? Loss of license? ticket to pay? Sued by my insurance company?

Don't worry, I wasn't the one driving the "at fault" car. Just would like to know what would happen to the other driver if I claim was filed, and he/she didn't have insurance.

As in no insurance what so ever? If so, it is illegal. I would call the cop and would not fill a Joint Report.

not being insured at all is a 4XX$ ticket
and maybe if the insurance know about it they will try to claim the repair...but that part i'm not sur:dunno:

Happened to me,guy rear ended my GTI with no insurance. Desjardins covered my repairs(thank god!) and they served him with papers to pay. Since he had no coverage,it came out of his pockets,all 9000.00$ worth!!Lesson learned!

he'll probably only lose few points and have to pay the sum of your repairs. Its a good opportunity for your insurance's company because they can make more money. If that person can't pay yet , the company will be even more happier because of the interest.

My father once got hit in the ass with a dude with no insurance and yes indeed it comes directly out of the guys pocket. You have monthly payments to make to the insurer for X amount of money for X amount of time if I remember he had to pay them for 6 years to completly pay off his debts ... It's look like a bad situation..

Back