News: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Debuts for North America

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
2012_volkswagen_passat_f34_ns_10911_717.jpg

The long awaited 2012 Volkswagen Passat has finally been revealed, looking very much like the recently released 2011 Volkswagen Jetta, sporting the same corporate face and profile in a larger package.

Built at VW’s new Tennesse facility, the Passat’s 191 inches length makes the car larger than a Toyota Camry by 2 inches, a radical departure from the more compact Passats of yesteryear.

Trim levels S, SE and SEL will be offered, with power coming from the corporate 2.5L 5-cylinder engine making 170 horsepower, the 2.0L TDI diesel making 140 horsepower and Volkswagen’s beloved VR6 engine, producing 280 horsepower. The VR6 (and, we presume, the TDI) will come with a DSG dual clutch gearbox, allowing it to run to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds while returning 28 mpg on the highway.

Starting at under $20,000, the Passat is aiming to break out of its niche as a quirky European alternative and finally be taken seriously as a Tier 1 mid-size sedan. The car may have never sold in big numbers, but its superlative interior, interesting powertrains and European street cred were always respected. Hopefully VWs attempt to bring the car hasn’t come at the expense of character.
Get more 2012 Volkswagen Passat World Premiere on AutoGuide.com

http://www.autonews.fr/Salon-Detroi...kswagen-Passat-U.S.-225891/?sitemap_news=true

Volkswagen américanise sa Passat en la rallongeant et jure qu’elle a bien été conçue pour les "highways" étatsuniennes. Au pays des "trucks" monstrueux, il ne faudrait pas avoir l’air d’une frêle berline européenne...

Aux Etats-Unis, la taille d’une voiture détermine son statut. Pour y vendre sa Passat, Volkswagen a donc rallongé de dix centimètres la nouvelle version de sa berline. Et pour attirer le client américain, VW martèle que sa voiture a toutes les qualités d’un haut de gamme, tout en pratiquant une politique de prix très agressive. Actuellement vendue à partir de 27 000 dollars, la Passat devrait descendre aux alentours de 20.000 dollars, selon Volkswagen.

006-2012-volkswagen-passat.jpg

looks more like a facelift than a new car... and where is the 2.0T????

IMO the 2.5 isnt enough power, and the VR6 will be too expensive. 2.0T was perfect for the job

The definitely killed it. Tried to much to copy Audi, and this only looks like a bigger Jetta. Fail in my books.

But props to VW for opening a plant in USA and still offer competitive pricing.

X2 on looks like a bigger Jetta.
Saw a new Jetta yesterday on the 10. Wtf have they done? Didnt look that bad in pics but...Looks like a cheap Corolla from close. They need to scrap that gen. The older one was 100x nicer.

VW is ruining itself by trying to be #1. Haven't they learned that when you are #1, bad things happen? (GM and Toyota)

280HP in a Passat?

Where have I been these last few years. That's the same amount of HP as in my car. Damn.

lol une Jetta plus grosse....la CC est telement belle pourtant!

la cc change de devant pour 2012 en passant et le 2.0t est reserver au cc qui est rendu notre vehicule de moyenne haute gamme alors que le passat descent à ce qu'était la jetta avant donc millieu de gamme.

la cc change de devant pour 2012 en passant et le 2.0t est reserver au cc qui est rendu notre vehicule de moyenne haute gamme alors que le passat descent à ce qu'était la jetta avant donc millieu de gamme.

et la Jetta est devenue plus basse que la Golf ....

pourquoi VW fait tout a l'envers lol:run:

toute les voiture grossisse....et monte de gamme

me semble ..un civic 2000 est plus petit qu'un Fit 2010 et la Civic a monté de catégorie..

un Altima 2000 est plus petit que un Sentra 2010...qui est rendue telement gros qui'ls ont sortie la Versa...

et sa continue pour toute les marque...sauf VW

La Jetta Mk5 étais juste assez rafiné et quand meme pas laide ......il la transforme en marde pas cher pour la Mk6....et pour compensé ils rendre la Passat plus cheap ..ahh l'ingénierie Allemande :p

I realise volkswagen is trying too hard to make it look like audi.
Look at the 2012 models of volkswagen the rear and the front. It looks so much alike.
I know they are like same compagny but still ....

I agree it looks like a bigger Jetta. Nothing original. But I actually like the new Jettas. Especially the headlights lol...

And if you think about it, Jettas and Passats always looked somehow alike.

I don't know.. I like the passat way more than I like the Jetta.. since the begining it worked like this. Golf/Rabbit < Jetta < Passat.. now its Passat CC > Passat > Golf > Jetta... hmm something isn't working. Anyways, I vote for a fail, I also vote for xenon lights..

ayoye..vw downgrade en criss
wtf qui mette pu le 2.0T un moteur qui a déja été consacrer moteur de l'année
un osti de 2.5 5cylindre qui boit plus de gaz..vraiment jles comprend pas
pis est laite en osti

Back