Why do people buy Domestic?

Most people don't care about quality, performance, etc.

Most people only want good prices, and since american car salesmen are the worst crooks ever, people always think they get the better deal with domestic.

WTF, are you serious. I "lol" at so many posts in here it is not funny.

People DO care about quality, and with the economy the way it is in the US want the best car they can get for the dollar. Why are US salesmen crooks??:dunno: I have friends that are salesmen, and a relative so enlighten me.

People in my opinion buy domestic, because they simply either don't care about other brands or just cars in general or in case of practicality. Most vans/SUV's are really not bad on the domestic market.. Police ambulance and firetrucks use domestic as their fleet.
Then you have people who like muscle cars, and we cannot argue that Americans have the best muscle cars available.. Ford, actually speaking of domestic is REALLY going up there again they made lots of good changes. chevy well sad to say but i dont see anything crazy except for the corvette and camaro.. and finally pick ups.. the best pickups are domestic..

Faut faire attention parce que la Cruze de base n'as pas l'A/C par example.

La Cruze est assez chere malheuresement. Completement equipe elle revients a 35 836 par example.

Avec un equipement regulier elle coute tres pres d;une Corolla similaire.

Cruze LT turbo (+tpms) - 24 629 tax in
Corolla CE enhanced pack (auto) - 23 918 tax in

Le Cruze est en effect plus cher de 700$. Oui il y a l'autre modele, LS + qui est 1500 moins cher que la LT turbo mains il y a des equipement qui manques en plus le moteur plus "vieux".

the LS+ has air conditioning comes out to 18,795$

http://configurator.autodata.gm.ca/GMCanada/buildYourVehicle.html?lang=en

What makes me laugh is that I have owned everything from American, Japanese, and now German as well. 99% of people that bag on American cars have not even owned one EVER and just repeat what they "heard". Some things never change LOL.

In half an hour this thread will have reached 17 pages and wil end up in a Domestic Vs imports war...

starting a thread like this is just asking for trouble. Especially with a title like that. Tomorrow I'll ask "why do people modify their civics".

A Corolla is 18,445$ with:

-TPMS
-Air Conditioning
-Power Windows
-Power Locks
-6 Airbags
-Tracton Control
-Stability Control
-ABS
-Brake Force Distribution
-Cruise Control
-138hp and best fuel economy in it's class (as of 2010 anyways)

What an ironic thread....

People arguing that domestic buyers don't know shit about cars, when on another hand they keep their heads in the 90's thinking civics are the shit while stangs break down at every corner.

JDM lovers have them heads in them arses. I see many civics on the road, mostly owned by girls that don't know how to change a tire, and can't drive for shit.

There's a fierce competition out there, and right now I see Ford leading the pack.

Last edited:
This is gonna turn bad soon... We all know it, and why discuss it once again, its been done so many times before.

Moi je remercie le ciel qu'il y ait du monde qui achète des chars neufs.. Ça perd le plus gros de sa valeur dans les 2-3 premières années ça aucun sens.

For one it helps support your economy

The 2010 Camaro is made in Canada

And it ain't Made by some Siamese Mofo from Hiroshiima

Quit being such a Traitor and support your country,

Domestic cars are Made better than most overpriced underpowered Euro made Cars,

Got News for you, I've been counting Broken down cars on Los Angeles Freeways for close to 2 years,

Most of the cars Broken down are Made in Japan, followed Closely By BMW's and alot New Mercedes Benz's You will find Broken Down on the side of the freeway(True)

Was this a serious reply? Siamese and Hiroshima....does not compute. Go read an atlas.

You've spent the last two years counting broken down cars? You don't say. You need a better driving game.

You should also know that most of the domestic market is very heavily tied in to engineering that was performed overseas. So many cars today share platforms, and have drivetrain and powertrain roots from various parts orf the world. Yep, lets support the domestic market; where the average worker is just a monkey with a wrench, working to uncrate the parts and assemble them together. Witness also many advertising campaigns for domestics stating 'influence' from some European car or other.

Also, I ask, why is it that some of the best domestic manufacturer branded vehicles are sold overseas, but not on the NA market. Focus RS anyone?

IMO, I find that often domestics are cheaper. Often, there are promotions, cash-back offers, good deals, etc. The styling is definitely very characteristic and representative, and often-times, the cars just 'feel' more sturdy; a misconception I know.

Its like the other poster said; asking this question is like asking someone why they have an opinion.

Cruze LS+ 18 795
Transmission 6 speed auto - 1450
TPMS - 65

Total = 20 310 + GST & PST = ~ 23 153. As I said, 1500 less than the LT Turbo and 700 less than the Corolla but has missing equipement like no cruise control, no power heated mirrors, for example which are pretty important, otherwise GM wouldn't make you get the next model (LT Turbo) if you want them. Probably there's little things that the Corolla doesn't have but I didn't notice anything important. The LT Turbo engine is also closer of a competitor in terms of fuel economy than the other engine is.

J'adore mon ptit truck chevy

-Ya pas 3 000 ti counes qui veullent s'essayer aux lumières
-Personne veut te le voler
-j'suis presque strait pipe et je pogne pas de ticket / inspection. La police est BEAUCOUP plus tolérent avec les V8
-Sa coute rien a assurer

J'aime avoir quelque choses que le monde aiment pas car ta la maudite PAIX et quand t'arrive a faire quelque chose de beau avec tu en retire 3 fois plus de fièreté en plus d'avoir quelque chose de rare.

De plus la communauté des muscle car est VRAIMENT le fun, ya pas de petit counes, le monde sont super amical et s'entraide énormément. La moyenne d'ages est plus élever et sa fait toute la différence.

Quand tu rentre dans l'univers des V8 tu en sort pu

Lol ! Japanese cars have a good reputation for reliability but now USDM cars have made their homeworks and now sell quality product maybe not to the tastes of everyone but you see alot of them on the roads. Imports are now getting bad rep by the USDM because of a braking issue on toyotas and now they try to dirty up the japanese for selling crap and americans are having a problem to get rid of their bad reputations ... (sounds like the dick pussy and asses speech from team america) In the end its all about what you want I for myself want something AWD but not a truck good gas mileage and a bit of luxury. I dont want to pay a fortune and what do I end up with ... Ford Fusion or a Subaru Legacy . I used to own a subaru so im a bit biased for the Legacy but the Fusion has more features for less .

All im trying to say is the american companies are trying real hard to do better and it shows. The japanese main maker honda toyota nissan are making some fugly looking things lately and the Koreans well they are in the back clawing their way up. I think its a great time to be on the market for a car because everyone is trying so hard to give you something worth while.

J'ai eux plusieurs import et C'est des voitures extremmement plaisante a conduire mais c'est dommage qu'il faut toujours l'écrasé pour allé chercher les régime pour avoir du fun... Avec mon SBC j'ai du fun même au idle :bigup:

Back