FWD or RWD???

FWD or RWD

• Total voters
:( pas gentil pour les 4x4.

mais RWD 100%, RWD essieux rigide encore mieux. la traction à pratiquement aucun avantage.

RWD FTW

PS I cant see Broody's post but I'm sure he said something stupid and off topic

RWD FTW

PS I cant see Broody's post but I'm sure he said something stupid and off topic

I'm sure you can see it otherwise you would have said that pretty much on every thread I post in and not this one in peculiar.

lol wtf is this question hahah

Depends on what condition. Everyday drive, winter driving and on the track I'll take FWD. RWD for the drifting :D

better traction for acceleration
far more reliable powertrain array
no torque steer!
lower cost of maintenance (front bearings)
predictable handling

gotta love my truck

Why would rwd powertrain be more reliable? Driveshaft is just one more potential issue imo.

Il y a la Beetle et la karman ghia.

Moi j'ai voté fwd, je préfère un peu de sous virage que du survirage.

Why would rwd powertrain be more reliable? Driveshaft is just one more potential issue imo.

cause cv axle will fail wayyy before a driveshaft, since it doesnt have much angle to move and no rubber boot to protect cardan system,

engine mounts gets less stress, yes torque, but its absorbed a lot by the weight of the engine

exhaust system too, since the engine doesnt move much

and finally, less torque is applied to a driveshaft since its before the differential
a cv axle gets full wheel torque

And on a rwd with RIS you have cardan too... They don't have to steer but still. And cv axles are usually fairly cheap to rebuild.

the point of what im saying; everything in a fwd except engine receive more stress

lower control arm
axle
mounts
exhaust

and wheel bearings by their design are weaker

Back