Road Trip USA 2011.

When I drove to Vegas i slept in the car in Flying J/hotel/mcdicks parking lots and I never had any issues. People won't bug you, lots of them are sleeping too. Walmart super centers are also a good choice but they'll be noisier. Bring some blankets too the desert gets cold at night.

Try to avoid I-17 it's possibly the most boring stretch of road ever made. And if you can pick up a radar detector they're pretty cheap and legal there.

Nevada has a lot of ghost towns and Vegas is a definite stop, hotels during the week are dirt cheap. Check out Area 51 too, and there is a town close to it that's made quite the attraction of it but i forgot it's name....

It may be on your way out but i passed by Amarillo Texas and had an awesome steak and saw some caddies planted in the ground

Texas-Amarillo-Cadillac-Ranch.jpg

Be sure to bring a toolkit and a lot of music as radio down there is scarce and pretty messed up sometimes

prend beaucoup de photos :bigup:

C'est sûr!

Driving alone ?

Yes

When I drove to Vegas i slept in the car in Flying J/hotel/mcdicks parking lots and I never had any issues. People won't bug you, lots of them are sleeping too. Walmart super centers are also a good choice but they'll be noisier. Bring some blankets too the desert gets cold at night.

Try to avoid I-17 it's possibly the most boring stretch of road ever made. And if you can pick up a radar detector they're pretty cheap and legal there.

Nevada has a lot of ghost towns and Vegas is a definite stop, hotels during the week are dirt cheap. Check out Area 51 too, and there is a town close to it that's made quite the attraction of it but i forgot it's name....

It may be on your way out but i passed by Amarillo Texas and had an awesome steak and saw some caddies planted in the ground

Texas-Amarillo-Cadillac-Ranch.jpg

Be sure to bring a toolkit and a lot of music as radio down there is scarce and pretty messed up sometimes

Thank you! *tu*

Je veux faire la Pacific Coast Highway de San Diego jusqu'à San Francisco assurément, mais est-ce que ça vaut le cout d'aller plus vers le nord passer San Francisco et se rendre jusque dans le Nord de la Californie et dans l'Oregon,

Est-ce qu'il y a beaucoup de choses à voir?

I did a big part of what you'll be doing (SF-Sacramento-Lake Tahoe-Las Vegas-Grand Canyon-San Diego-LA-SF) and there's tons to do and to see! The more time you have the better. It's really an amazing area.

I personally find your budget a little tight but it depends what you do.

When will u be going exactly?

I did a big part of what you'll be doing (SF-Sacramento-Lake Tahoe-Las Vegas-Grand Canyon-San Diego-LA-SF) and there's tons to do and to see! The more time you have the better. It's really an amazing area.

I personally find your budget a little tight but it depends what you do.

When will u be going exactly?

Well that budget is most likely going to be raised.

I guess I'll end up with a 3000-3500$ budget...

And I'm going in may/june

Back