Article: Why drive when you can fly?

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this helicopter land in a parking lot yesterday right in front of me. This is one way to get around if you don't feel like driving and it sure beats sitting in traffic. I guess it's legal to park your helicopter in the parking lot?

Hier j'ai vu cet hélicoptère descend dans le parking en face de moi. C'est une façon de se déplacer si vous n'avez pas envie de conduire et c'est beaucoup mieux que rester poinger dans le traffique. Je suppose que c'est légal de stationner votre hélicoptère ici?

0111helo.JPG

0111helo2.JPG

LOL n'importe quoi, mais sa doit etre asser hut d'avoir un hélico!
Sa va mieux pour décoller et attérir qu'un avion

Well he must be doing his rounds, because he ate at Mon Village prior or after you saw him there. I was thinking the same thing.
He's a regular there and a really nice guy from what I am told.

I would put a youparklikeanasshole.com card in the windshield...

That's baller

Late 50's/early 60's french guy? I think he has a Mercedes SL too, if it's the guy I'm thinking of. If it is him, he's really nice and not your typical rich dick old prick. He used to be one of my customers.

Speaking of easy to park flying machine... my future flying commuter will be one of these.

2h (or 4h on extended tank) flying autonomy @ 40-60km/h

looks sooo easy!

friend/client of mine has the exact same aircraft, immediately what i thought of when i saw the picture..
the average "let's land in that guys' backyard to take a piss" happens every so often.. :p

that looks to be a damn good parking job! brushing a 206 against a snowbank isnt that easy with a parking lot full of cars

Alright guys, even though it's public, we don't need to be posting the guy's name and address.

on dirais que oui ma mère est allez a mont-tremblant quelque fois et l'hélico atterri dans le stationnement des l'hôtel directement il faut vérifier les câbles électrique et les arbres.

I actually have 2 friends with R-44's and it's somewhat "common" to just drop it into empty parking lots !

I could ask them but I am pretty sure there is a bunch of things they need to check and respect when finding a landing spot... In foward flight they do have altitude's to respect !

Back