Srs thread: Why do you modify family sedans?

I never planned on modifying my car but then I spun a rod and it started from there.

Not to excel at the track/drag for sure. I've always 'loved' family sedans and because everyone mods civics, I decided to have an Accord as my first car. I'm somewhat big and don't like small cars. Between a corolla and camry, I'd get a camry. Between a mazda3 and mazda 6, I'd get the 6. Between a Cavalier and an Intrepid, I'd get an Intrepid. Oh wait... nvm the last one

Not to excel at the track/drag for sure. I've always 'loved' family sedans and because everyone mods civics, I decided to have an Accord as my first car. I'm somewhat big and don't like small cars. Between a corolla and camry, I'd get a camry. Between a mazda3 and mazda 6, I'd get the 6. Between a Cavalier and an Intrepid, I'd get an Intrepid. Oh wait... nvm the last one

1253748724-Cool_story_bro_inc.jpg

Because there aren't any mazda protege coupes?

Not that it applies anymore cuz I don't have one, but that would be why.

I consider my car like the poor man's Mustang GT

It depends on the sedans, but some are worth the modding. I like having a small car too, but a big car with a big trunk is very usefull when you only have 1 car at your disposition.

and Usually bigger cars are better for highway driving. much more calm and floaty

WHY : Have you ever seen an RS4 or M3 sedan.....family sedan can be very fun man....A lot of people wants kids and wants fun behind the steering in the same time....Even if it's not to win a race it could be fun...(some of them can win a race lol)

WHY : Have you ever seen an RS4 or M3 sedan.....family sedan can be very fun man....A lot of people wants kids and wants fun behind the steering in the same time....Even if it's not to win a race it could be fun...(some of them can win a race lol)

Very true again, and we're not even speaking about an M5...:bigup:

I modded a sedan, but I didn't buy the car solely because it was a 4 door sedan.

You have to consider the fact that sedans are much more readily available, cheaper to buy and maintain and cheaper on insurance than most 2 door coupes.

I bought a two year old Passat two years ago, my insurance costs a measely 800$ a year for full insurance (theft, fire, vandalism), tax included, and I wasn't even twenty five yet. There wasn't a single two door coupe with insurance under 2500$ a year. Combine that with the fact that most affordable ''sporty'' coupe are actually based on a sedan, there's no reason to spend all that extra money to have two less doors.

That and I think my sedan looks pretty good:D

IMG_6918.jpg

Last edited:
Back