BestBuy radio install gone bad...... ** final update pg7 post#132 **

Mlexxus

Its not my type to write this kind of stuff online but after what i experience this morning, i really need to share this with you

** Warning, long read **

I'll start from the begining.

On Jan 26th 2011, i went to BestBuy to install my Parrot MKi9200 in my Gen2 Cooper S. In short, during the install they broke my radio. Capoute

I was told to go to BMW/Mini and get a quote to repair/replace the radio. I go to my dealer 2 days later and come out with a quote of 2600$, this includes the radio (1600$), diagnostics (260$) and installation (~500$). I bring the quote immediately to BestBuy and hand it over to the lead tech.

Couple of days later, he calls me and offers to order me a Metra kit to replace my center console and install a double din radio. I said to myself, great! I get a better radio and it costs them half the price. I go see them numerous times during the time it took to get the Metra kit (3 weeks) and always point to the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT as the model i would like and no one is saying no at this point, they are just going along with it. To me, this means yes.

Fastforward to this morning:

I show up today for my appointment at 11am, i see the lead technician of the install bay and just go over what radio they are installing, now i'm expecting the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT that we've been talking about for the past couple of weeks while we were waiting for the Metra kit.

He then says to me the store manager decided to give you a lesser model because we already paid you the 260$ diagnostic fee, which i paid for at BMW, to determine the problem. I was shocked, i knew they would try something, but not to offer me a 500$ radio instead of the 1000$ model we had agreed. I went on to explain that the setup with the X920BT including the radio, the Metra kit, the harness and diagnostic fee would come up too 1400$. A bargain compared to the 2600$ the dealer wants to replace the radio to another stock radio.

The store manager started playing with his words and became very rude and defensive when they were clearly in the wrong, he went as far as hinting that this whole thing is my fault. Like its my fault that i trusted them to install my Parrot, also like its my fault they broke the radio. At this point i didn't know what to think anymore. He went off saying i have no time for this, if you don't like it get a lawyer and send me a letter.

I forgot to mention, during the installation, they broke this piece that looks like a half circle, i think its a vent, right over the main cluster in the middle. Apparently that piece is part of the complete dash kit and it retails around 600$ at the dealer, so 2600$ + 600$= 3200$ for replacing my radio, when they could have just agreed to give me the radio i wanted. They could have saved over 1500$

Its now been 3 weeks i have no radio in my car. I work on the road and its been painful driving around and all i hear are the cracks, rattles inside the cabin from my super suspension and rock hard runflats ;)

I now want to thank anyone who actually took the time to read my rant.

THANK YOU!

shitty story. I never trust an bestbuy/futurshop tech. The last time the seller say to me that the radio wont be covered if I install it myself, a laugh in his face and say if you dont cover it I will not buy it.
So I got the coverage

C'est plate mais c'est fréquent, BB et Future shop engage des clown sans formation pour le ''geek squad'' et connectpro...

Plusieurs histoire de marde dans l'automobile, dit toi qu'asteur ils installent des cinema maison et des tv sur les murs...

Well, they have agreed to pay for the radio replacement at the dealer. But now are refusing to pay for the broken piece on the dash, they want to "glue" it. I refused.

I just dont know what to do, i want to be compensated for this whole nightmare, the time i lost from work as well for going there each time i wanted to talk to them since no one at BestBuy ever answers the phones.

I'm now waiting for a call from they're district manager. I have to build up a good case

shitty story. I never trust an bestbuy/futurshop tech. The last time the seller say to me that the radio wont be covered if I install it myself, a laugh in his face and say if you dont cover it I will not buy it.
So I got the coverage

Dude, you get a manufacturers warranty with a radio, it doesn't matter who the fuck installs it, if there's physical damage the warranty is void.

You break you pay. There's a defect, you get a replacement. Not hard to understand.

C'est plate mais c'est fréquent, BB et Future shop engage des clown sans formation pour le ''geek squad'' et connectpro...

Plusieurs histoire de marde dans l'automobile, dit toi qu'asteur ils installent des cinema maison et des tv sur les murs...

Lol @Connectpro. 100$ pour setter ta manette de tv et brancher tes fils! Who pay's for that shit?

This is very disturbing

Dude, you get a manufacturers warranty with a radio, it doesn't matter who the fuck installs it, if there's physical damage the warranty is void.

You break you pay. There's a defect, you get a replacement. Not hard to understand.

I know that. But the seller tried to convince me that's not to sell me an installation. He prefered to lose his point than lose his sell

Back