Article: Hyundai i40 pitch: all the credentials of an Audi but an affordable price.

VWSpeed

Audi, Apple, Starbucks...Hyundai Marketings pitch for the i40.

‘Modern premium’ is the firm’s desire to offer cars with “all the credentials of an Audi but an affordable price,” Hyundai’s UK managing director Tony Whitehorn told Autocar.

“Apple and Starbucks are good examples of modern premium,” he said. “They offer good quality products that everyone can enjoy. We want to offer cars with all the equipment, looks and feel of a premium car but at accessible prices.”

He said premium marques were now offering cheaper cars that offered less standard equipment as a way for them to more easily “sell a badge”. “We will do what they do without the badge but match them on luxury,” added Whitehorn.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/255498/

Hyundai-i40-1721111122421111600x1060.jpg

So, a Korean Venza can now claim Audi credentials?

WTF is this world coming to?

shhhhhhhhhhhh

I wouldn't say that out loud cause the Hyundai fanboys will come and personally attack you on these boards for not considering their cars as premium/upscale.

And lol at the Apple and Starbucks reference. Do you really see a hipster with skinny jeans and big fake eyeglasses driving a Hyundai?

I have to say the wagon doesn't look bad at all.

My point was: where in the Audi line-up do you see these half-assed "I-am-but-I-don't-want-to-admit-that-I-am" minivans?

That was all.

I like the newer Hyundais. But that is no Audi. Toyota Venza, sure. Audi Q-something? Hell no. Not the same kind of vehicles. Apples and oranges and all that.

My point was: where in the Audi line-up do you see these half-assed "I-am-but-I-don't-want-to-admit-that-I-am" minivans?

That was all.

I like the newer Hyundais. But that is no Audi. Toyota Venza, sure. Audi Q-something? Hell no. Not the same kind of vehicles. Apples and oranges and all that.

A5 Sportback ?

I looks like shit. The Genesis looks great but the Sonata and Elantra have way too many curves and lines that don't flow.

We want to offer cars with all the equipment, looks and feel of a premium car but at accessible prices.

LOL @ Hyundai comparing their designs to those of a brand with some of the best looking cars on the market :run:

That was all.

What about the Audi A2? I will probably import one in a couple of years if I have a kid.

The I40 looks like any other new Hyundai. Too many lines going everywhere. Still better than the Sonata.

shhhhhhhhhhhh

I wouldn't say that out loud cause the Hyundai fanboys will come and personally attack you on these boards for not considering their cars as premium/upscale.

Funny because all I see so far are arrogant euro fanboys bragging about how their euro's are so much better than Hyundai's.

maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong but isn't this an Elantra Station wagon? Not sure why people see a minivan or whatever

I did not read the article

" premium marques were now offering cheaper cars that offered less standard equipment as a way for them to more easily “sell a badge”. “We will do what they do without the badge but match them on luxury, "

voila sa résume tout et hyundai le fond avec brio.

et c'est pour sa que les ventes montent en flèche depuis quelques années.

ok,, I read the article.....obviously many have not before replying

"Hyundai has benchmarked the i40 against VW Passat and Ford Mondeo, and the car’s product manager Franklin Guinier said its steering and acceleration were particularly competitive."

This is the European Sonata given they are placing it against the Passat and Mondeo. The picture is the Wagon as I suspected.

They are only saying they want to offer Audi-like qualities at normal prices but nowhere do they say they will be competing with Audi or anything.

It's always funny to see euro fanboys get their panties in a bunch.

Back