Safer traffic lights...that let you cross a red light??

Marc123

main.jpg

In about a month, the city of Marysville, California will test a new red light system designed to predict and prevent traffic collisions at intersections in a most unusual way.

Predictive software has been incorporated into an existing red-light camera system to detect when an approaching driver is most likely to run the red light. In this case, it will hold traffic coming from other directions until the unlawful car zips safely (and illegally) past.
More:
http://123.ly/dNoXkx

Lol what happens when 2 people are going to run the red light in perpendicular? Computer crash and all the city light malfunction?

^^that's the whole point...

When the system finds out a car is going too fast to brake on time for the light, it will hold the cars going perpendicular.. avoiding a crash.

If 2 cars are going to burn the red light going perpendicular? Thats my question what is it going to do, bug de lan 2000 lol?

i think stop signs at night in residential areas should go on honor system. you can see headlights anyway, and if there aren't any, you should be able to save brakes and gas. not talking full speed ahead, but a slower coasting would be acceptable. and it should be legal to blow a stop ANYTIME by piggy backing of a bus or large truck.

If 2 cars are going to burn the red light going perpendicular? Thats my question what is it going to do, bug de lan 2000 lol?

When do you ever have perpendicular lights both on Green?

It will never happen, so the situation you're trying to describe isn't even plausible.

wow don't you read....? If both cars about to burn a RED ! what's going to happend ?

And yes it happens that both sides are on red light, allowing pedestrians to get through the intersections.

wow don't you read....? If both cars about to burn a RED ! what's going to happend ?

And yes it happens that both sides are on red light, allowing pedestrians to get through the intersections.

Really? How can you not understand?

Yes, burn a red light, right after the amber. Whos stupid enough to burn solid red that he saw a kilometer away? It keeps the perpendicular light from turning green, up until the person who burned the red has crossed the intersection.

Wow.... What ever happened to common sense.

Really? How can you not understand?

Yes, burn a red light, right after the amber. Whos stupid enough to burn solid red that he saw a kilometer away? It keeps the perpendicular light from turning green, up until the person who burned the red has crossed the intersection.

Wow.... What ever happened to common sense.

What this guy said.

The predictive software is only scanning in parallel directions as the transition from yellow to red is happening. There is no system in the world that safeguard someone burning a solid red.

i think stop signs at night in residential areas should go on honor system. you can see headlights anyway, and if there aren't any, you should be able to save brakes and gas. not talking full speed ahead, but a slower coasting would be acceptable. and it should be legal to blow a stop ANYTIME by piggy backing of a bus or large truck.

We are in North American, people can't drive. But there are no cops in my area, so I don't care about stop signs anyways.

what happens if theres like 5-6 sticked together, one after the other and passes through a red light? It means the red light is going to let all of them pass? lol

Or maybe its a fake technology , to let people try it out and then cops can give ticket easily...

As far as as i understand this, this technology will be used together with red-light cameras. So if the system detects a car about to burn a red light while going from yellow to red, it will still go to red. It will not delay the red light. What it will do however is delay the green light from going on untill the car clears the intersection. I prosume since the system works together with red-light cameras that you would still get a ticket.

The system is just to avoid accidents

I'm sorry but that's dumb. We share the road with pedastrians and cyclists. If you burn a stop at night cause you didn't see any oncoming headlights you can easily run someone over. IT SHOULD NEVER BE LEGAL TO BLOW ANY STOP PERIOD!

eille les comique, sa va pas ''étirer'' ta jaune.......

Ta rouge va tomber, parcontre sa va retenir la verte de l'autre coté. Fac si tu t'enligne pour bruler la lumiere, tu vas la bruler, parcontre si y'a 2 kids qui se prépare a bauché en perpendiculaire, leur verte va retarder le temps que tu clair l'intersection.

Y'a plusieurs ville au states qui ont se syteme relié a un transpondeur dans les véhicules d'urgence. En arrivant a certaine intersection clé, les lumieres tombent rouge sur les axes en croisement avec la trajectoire du véhicule d'urgence et une lumiere spécial s'allume a l'intersection pour avertir les gens.

Back