News: Bahrain GP Postponed

SilverDUB

Legacy Member
0211bahrain.jpg

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/02/gp-organizers-cancel-f1-season-opener.html

The Bahrain GP has been postponed due to the anti-government protests that have caused civil unrest in the Gulf State for the last few weeks.
After the postponement of the Bahrain GP which was to be held on March 13th, the Formula 1 World Championship will now commence in Melbourne, Australia on March 27th. In an official statement Crown Prince Sheikh Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa said “We must focus on immediate issues of national interest and leave the hosting to a later date.” The FIA, Formula 1’s governing body, backed the decision to postpone the race in a statement which read, "The FIA is responsible for the international calendar as well as all matters of safety relating to the stakeholders involved in Grand Prix racing. We support the decision”. This could be the first year since 2004 that the Bahrain GP will be missing from the Formula 1 season, if the race isn’t re-scheduled.

http://www.rtlinfo.be/sport/auto_mo...ion-du-gp-de-bahrein-de-plus-en-plus-probable

Le premier Grand Prix de la saison de Formule 1 n'aura pas lieu le 13 mars prochain. Le Grand Prix du Bahrein a en effet été annulé lundi en raison des troubles politiques.

Plus tôt dans la journée, les écuries de Formule 1 avaient déjà décidé d'annuler les essais privés prévus du 3 au 6 mars au Bahreïn en raison des troubles dans le pays. Les organisateurs ont été contraints ensuite d'annuler le Grand Prix en raison des manifestations antigouvernementales secouant le pays. "The Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) annonce que le Royaume du Bahrein renonce à organiser le GP de Formule 1 cette année pour permettre au pays de se concentrer sur son processus de dialogue national", précise le communiqué des organisateurs.
La décision de repousser le Grand Prix à une date ultérieure ou de procéder à son annulation pure et simple n'a pas encore été prise.

tant et aussi longtemps que ce pays ne traiteras pas ces citoyens comme des être humain normaux, il ne mérite rien de tous ça!

WOh!!!! Sheikh Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa ... with a name like this + their mentalities no suprize they have politic issues!!! seriously, if ever i have a dog with a name like this, its staying outside the house.

Bahrain wont have to pay cancellation fees

LONDON - Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone will not charge organizers of the Bahrain Grand Prix any cancellation fees for calling off the season-opening event.

The March 13 race was scrapped Monday amid the political unrest in the Gulf kingdom, leaving Bahrain in line to pay an estimated $40-million rights fee to Ecclestone's Formula One Management company.

But Ecclestone said he would waive the fee.

"The fee that is normally being paid for the event is not being paid," he said in the Daily Telegraph on Wednesday. "I am not charging them for a race they are not getting."

Ecclestone said the civil unrest in Bahrain was equivalent to a case of "force majeure," or events beyond the organizers' control.

"It is similar to if an earthquake had struck — no one could have foreseen that a month ago," he said.

Ecclestone said the sport was "not insured for this sort of thing" and his FOM group would receive no money from Bahrain unless it can find a slot for the race later in the season.

"If and when it is rescheduled they will pay their usual fee," he said.

In a separate interview with the Times, Ecclestone described the decision to waive the fee as an act of loyalty and good will toward Bahrain's royal family.

"Nobody gains from this," he said. "I want to be loyal to the king because he is doing everything he can to put things right with his people. He doesn't need people like me stabbing him in the back."

Ecclestone said he would try to squeeze the race into the calendar at the end of the year. The Bahrain GP has been raced every year since 2004.

"What has happened in Bahrain is desperately sad but one month ago everyone was looking forward to the race," he said in the Telegraph. "No one had a problem with it then. If everything is peaceful, which we hope it will be, then we will try out best to fit it in."

Australia will now host the season opener on March 27.
I guess they have enough problems as it is

WOh!!!! Sheikh Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa ... with a name like this + their mentalities no suprize they have politic issues!!! seriously, if ever i have a dog with a name like this, its staying outside the house.

Sheikh(= king/president) Salman(=his name) bin(= son of) Hamad al-Khalifa (=name of his dad...) the guy has a name with one word... like the majority of people... get ur shit straight before you make statements like these

Back