Haters gonna hate; Yellow headlights, what's the law?

Janno

Picture15.png

I see a bunch of them with yellow headlights, and I'm kinda feelin' it. What's the law on them here in QC?

BTW, for some reason, I find the thunderbunny front looks great on a wagon... Maybe it's something in my tea....

yeh i like the look also on the mk4 .. i wanted to get them but some1 on vdubbing montreal told me that im going to get pulled over and stuff

88cc09d768495bb0-original.jpg

Shit that looks sick. Yeah, I'm kinda worried about getting pulled for that, then getting tickets + inspection cause I'm down & out.... "TROP BAS, ROUES TROP GROS, FROTTES SUR LES AILES"

More wagon luvin':

downloadfile-5.jpg

Yup pretty sure it's illegal here in Quebec...I only saw one Jetta that had these lights in Quebec and he had an Ontario plate...

Yeah, but they'll still give me a 48 hour inspection.... They'll see the headlights from far, and stop me. When I rip them out, the popo is gonna bitch at me, and slam me with an inspection sheet, and a ticket for being an asshole cause I got out of my car.

I just wanted to confirm my thought that it was illegal... I remember reading it somewhere a long time ago, just needed someone to remind me.

Im just gonna buy the yellow coated bulbs for my flash to pass light. The reflection on the coating makes the housing look yellow. Ill show a pic later.

depending on your bulbs, you can run a yellow skin on your headlights, but when the lights are on, they will look like an old style halogen.

if you have fog lights, wire them to be your day time running lights. you won't be able to see the yellow lense with the lights on anyway.

it's not about the color of the housing, it's about the color of the light projected.

The law is that your Driving Lights MUST be white, you can have the foglamps and high-beams yellow if you want.

Some cities tolerate, some dont, i had my 4spots yellow on my ex mk2 vr6, ran them for 2 weeks in Chambly without even having a weird look from cops i came across.
The second i went to longueuil i got a ticket.

DSC00559.jpg

I loved them so much, in they were awesome in the snowstorms

This is legal(5inch beams are the High-Beams)
DSC00586.jpg

You could also have yellow city-lights

I had stained the lenses of some mk4 golf headlights 3 years ago yellow and it lasted about a month before I had got a ticket from south shore police (st-hubert...was longueuil police)

Im just gonna buy the yellow coated bulbs for my flash to pass light. The reflection on the coating makes the housing look yellow. Ill show a pic later.

where do you find these and do u no if the bulbs on a mark6 are the same as mark5 thanks

Back