America's Third War: Texas Farmers Under Attack at the Border

Sandro_Bit

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/03/americas-war-texas-farmers-attack-mexican-border/#ixzz1Fa1PM3oG

In Texas, nearly 8,200 farms and ranches back up to the Mexican border.

The men and women who live and work on those properties say they’re under attack from the same drug cartels blamed for thousands of murders in Mexico.

“It’s a war, make no mistake about it,” Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples said. “And it’s happening on American soil.”

Texas farmers and ranchers produce more cotton and more cattle than any other state, so Staples is concerned this war could eventually impact our food supply, and calls it a threat to our national security.

“Farmers and ranchers are being run off their own property by armed terrorists showing up and telling them they have to leave their land,” Staples said.
Related Video

To raise awareness, Commissioner Staples launched the website ProtectYourTexasBorder.com. It’s a place where frustrated and scared farmers can share their stories.

One Texas farmer, who asked not to be identified, said it’s common for him to see undocumented immigrants walking through his property.

“I see something, I just drive away,” he said. “It is a problem, I’ve learned to live with it and pretty much, I’ve become numb to it.”

Another farmer, Joe Aguilar, said enough is enough. After walking up on armed gunmen sneaking undocumented immigrants into the United States through his land, Aguilar decided to sell his farm.“It’s really sad to say, you either have to beat ‘em or join ‘em and I decided not to do either,” Aguilar said.

Aguilar's family farmed 6,000 acres of land along the Texas-Mexico border for nearly 100 years.

“Our farmers and ranchers can’t afford their own security detail,” Staples said. “We’re going to become more dependent on food from foreign sources.

Americans don’t like being dependent on foreign oil, they won’t stand for being dependent on foreign food.”

For more on the battle at our border, visit http://www.ProtectYourTexasBorder.com

sérieux lolll toujours une histoire isolé qui nous touche pas vraiment avec un gros titre de catastrophe!

me semble que ca fait 10 ans que tu écrit que l'armée debarque dans tel ou tel ville, la guerre civile etc..

please do not speak on behalf of the entire forum; this is what "off topic" is

great article. I totally that its America's 3rd war and its a matter of time before they invade Mexico. It is definitly creeping up and hitting home closer than you think...the yourist industry is already affected, you don't feel it yet because its huge (ie tourists to Mexico), but if it doesn't get under control it will spill over and affecting many ppl.

The same is happening right here in Quebec. Pot growers invade farmers land and if the farmers have the bad idea of destroying the weed or worst, calling the authorities, their machinery gets vandalized at night, often causing damages in the tens of thousands of dollars. They live in fear on their own property and there's nothing they can do about it.

Parasites will always live off from honest people.

I always wondered why North American population is very ignorant and uneducated compared to the rest of the world.
I now realize that people with comments such as "Why do you keep posting stuff no one cares about? ", "toujours une histoire isolé qui nous touche pas vraiment" that make it so.
Thumbs up, folks, Stay ignorant!

meanwhile, Homeland Security is going around seizing people's "illegal" Skylines.
way to go, United Stupidity of America

please do not speak on behalf of the entire forum; this is what "off topic" is

great article. I totally that its America's 3rd war and its a matter of time before they invade Mexico. It is definitly creeping up and hitting home closer than you think...the yourist industry is already affected, you don't feel it yet because its huge (ie tourists to Mexico), but if it doesn't get under control it will spill over and affecting many ppl.

100% agree. Since when is news limited to what affects us directly? Please mister CNN, stop talking about Libya, I'd much rather know what is happening in Laval.

I always wondered why North American population is very ignorant and uneducated compared to the rest of the world.
I now realize that people with comments such as "Why do you keep posting stuff no one cares about? ", "toujours une histoire isolé qui nous touche pas vraiment" that make it so.

Folks have enough problems as is it, they dont feel like reading about the problems of another country

Folks have enough problems as is it, they dont feel like reading about the problems of another country

The question is not about "having a problem". The question is about being interested in the rest of the world so you wouldn't end up like her:

donc quand je dit qu'une histoire de fermier dans le sud du Texas ca nous touche pas vraiment je suis un ignorant?? oki toi tu généralise et arrete de faire une déduction trop hative sur la connaissance d'une personne....parce que la tu est dans le champs dsl

bref vous etes passer à coter de mon point lol

donc quand je dit qu'une histoire de fermier dans le sud du Texas ca nous touche pas vraiment je suis un ignorant?? oki toi tu généralise et arrete de faire une déduction trop hative sur la connaissance d'une personne....parce que la tu est dans le champs dsl

bref vous etes passer à coter de mon point lol

I just find it rather sad that you get all pissed off because you learned something NEW.
And yes, people who are not interested in what's up in the rest of the world ARE ignorant.

interesting. you can only imagine though a bunch of wetbacks running across the border is the least of their problems though. they could beef up security but with their insane debt they probably want to do it only when it's the only choice they have

I just find it rather sad that you get all pissed off because you learned something NEW.
And yes, people who are not interested in what's up in the rest of the world ARE ignorant.

C'est bon tu viens juste de me prouver que tu lit à moitié ou mal ce que le monde écrit!! Tu as raison je suis ignorant et je ne lit rien de ce qui se passe dans le reste du monde, tu as bien saisi mon point!

pathetic

Back