Driving Basics: The Left Lane

PJizle

Yes, I know, another Qc drivers rant thread.

The fact remains, this is a serious issue that's getting to be very ridiculous. Qc drivers seem to have forgotten the fundamentals of driving. The left lane is for passing. Wether you are doing under the speed limit, the speed limit, or anything above, it does not matter! A faster car has priority so move over and don't make an issue about it, YES, even if it's to let only one car pass.

People here seem to feel they are entitled to the left lane. Our drivers

A) Give the finger
B) Slam the breaks
C) Tailgate
D) Flash

the people looking to pass. How can they feel the right to do this when they are clearly in the WRONG! Go back to driving school you idiots!

/rant

Seriously though, this is getting bad. Is there any way we can end this? I don't see how cops would ever be able to ticket this, but it needs to change.

Yeah, I've had to do that too but there's many dangers associated with passing on the right.

If you're speeding to the driver in front of you (in the left lane) switch to the right to pass, there might be a car in front and you'd have to slam your breaks. In general, it's unpredictable.

If you're speeding to the driver in front of you (in the left lane), slow down because the driver doesn't know how to use their review mirror, then pass, you'll still get flipped the bird, flashed and then tailgated.

You're right^. That's the worst part. Qc is going to become a province of people who can't drive and people who shouldn't drive because the idiots who can't drive cause them too much rage for their personal and everyone else's health.

i pass on the right.. its the new left.
(the left is useless for passing)

True... now the right lane can be used for passing since all the idiots just cruise a 80 in the left lane, and slam the brakes if you tailgate... then give the finger when u pass them... what a bunch of idiots...

True... now the right lane can be used for passing since all the idiots just cruise a 80 in the left lane, and slam the brakes if you tailgate... then give the finger when u pass them... what a bunch of idiots...

Honestly i don't even tailgate them because i would'nt like that someone does that to me,so i just wait for a chance to passe on the right...

Yes, I know, another Qc drivers rant thread.

The fact remains, this is a serious issue that's getting to be very ridiculous. Qc drivers seem to have forgotten the fundamentals of driving. The left lane is for passing. Wether you are doing under the speed limit, the speed limit, or anything above, it does not matter! A faster car has priority so move over and don't make an issue about it, YES, even if it's to let only one car pass.

People here seem to feel they are entitled to the left lane. Our drivers

A) Give the finger
B) Slam the breaks
C) Tailgate
D) Flash

the people looking to pass. How can they feel the right to do this when they are clearly in the WRONG! Go back to driving school you idiots!

/rant

Seriously though, this is getting bad. Is there any way we can end this? I don't see how cops would ever be able to ticket this, but it needs to change.

Funny though... I often get flashed by idiots WHILE I'm passing. I don't know if its because of the car I drive, but you flash me, and you'll make your trip very long. Tailgate if you will (I have a nice hitch on the car for that reason, and yes I'm aware its illegal), flash me and I will not move from my lane while I'm passing, I might even decide to just stay there :)

For the record .. NO I don't drive less than 120km/h in the left lane and nope I don't drive in it for nothing. If I'm in my passing procedure , I'm not going to throw myself off the road for some idiot because he wants to go faster than me. I'll move over once my passing is done.

Just incase someone asks : Red Hyundai Accent :D

Funny though... I often get flashed by idiots WHILE I'm passing. I don't know if its because of the car I drive, but you flash me, and you'll make your trip very long. Tailgate if you will (I have a nice hitch on the car for that reason, and yes I'm aware its illegal), flash me and I will not move from my lane while I'm passing, I might even decide to just stay there :)

For the record .. NO I don't drive less than 120km/h in the left lane and nope I don't drive in it for nothing. If I'm in my passing procedure , I'm not going to throw myself off the road for some idiot because he wants to go faster than me. I'll move over once my passing is done.

Ayeoye avec une hyundai accent si ya un gros char qui te ramasse, pauvre toi.

^^Il va avoir la chance de se faire payer une nouvelle voiture plus la physio à vie alors que l'autre débile sera 100% responsable en plus de payer de la physio !

Man I know what you mean, it's not only quebec though. People drive everywhere and don't give 2 shits. My girlfriends mom was teaching her to stick to the left lane for some dumb reason. Said it was safer. people just don't know shit about the road.

Although Illegal, I will pass on the right if I really must.

Just because you're passing doesn't mean you should block the person behind you. If he's clearly going faster than you, move over. It takes two seconds, let him pass, then continue to pass on the left lane. Why would you want someone up your ass?

I do pass in the right lane also.

I find it fucking annoying when the right and middle lane are blocked and some idiot going 90 in the left lane slow all the god damn traffic. And since I'm a nice guy I leave up space between the car in front and mine because I hate to tailgate and get tailgated.

But every fucking time I get behind a moron going slow in the left lane I get tailgated. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES, DONT YOU SEE I CANT FUCKING GO FASTER! I CANT FUCKING JUMP OVER THE CAR!

And after people wounder why they get all sort of road rage on them...

/rant

Most annoying thing I see on the road...

I flash the shit out of anyone sitting in the passing lane, until they get the message to MOVE THE FUCK OVER

les pires, c'est ceux que tu flash en mongole, après environ 15 secondes ils décident de ce tasser, tout suite après de les avoirs dépassé, ils se remettent à gauche WTF!!!!!!

I think it's ok to tailgate when there is nobody in front of the guy in front.

Yeah I agree on that. But when there's like a thousand car jammed in the traffic in front, it quickly get annoying.

The other day there was someone tailgating and passing from lane to lane. I only stick to the left lane and always kept a safe distance with the car in front. People just move over. No matter how hard the guy tried to go faster, he kept getting cut and slowed down by the cars that simply change lane when I was behind them.

If you don't push people, they don't feel threatened and they move over. And if they stick in the lane for no good reason, just pass in the right lane.

edit: I like to go fast myself. If I don't piss people off they usually don't give a shit and move over and let me pass. I will not lose my time pissing people off either.

Plus, keeping a distance give me a better view on the situation in front, it give me more chance to see and get into that "window" I'll use for my "escape"

Back