Who stopped modding thier rides? When and why?

TRiNi-StaRR

just wanted to see if anyone else just stopped modding thier rides and accepted thier stock car as cool enough :bigup:

Me
2007:
Sold my Accord, got sick of trying to keep up and wasting money, but also got married and bought a house.

Now:
2004 S-type Jag and 2004 MDX and i accept thier stock sexyness. Only planned mod this summer is..... give my parents the Jag and get an 2008 audi a6 or s4 :p

i used to mod all go no show, but with cops all around, can't do sh*t

wanted to mod more ''show'' (like a good stance, drop etc) and less go, but with roads we have here, can't drive sh*t

i stopped and bought a condo haha

Stop modding this winter because i bought a new house, i prefer the house then the car now, so that's a reason why it's on sale to buy a 4 season car.

And the major thing i realize is spend money on a car is retard, what a waste of money , BUT THATS MY POINT !!

just make more money and keep modding the car while your getting condo, and etc... thats what i do

I just started modding... I always thought it was money gone to waste once you sold the car. but I found a few things.

I gave myself a budget and I've looked into bolt on mods that you can easily uninstall and resell when the time comes...

For my current car, i'm done. All i'm doing on it is regular maintenance. My next car will probably get the usual intake, exhaust, chip, better tires and maybe a suspension.

J'ai arreter de modifier l'an passé, S13 Coupe, tout vendu. J'ai un projet en immobilier, j'ai besoin de bcp de cash. Je roule depuis 2 étés dans un 4 portes :(

Perte d'argent, je choisi une bonne voiture à la base.

Vitre teinté, entré d'air, mag juste si les OEM sont ordinaire.

what a waste of money

Its not a waste of money if you love it. If you think its a waste of money than you probably never loved it in the first place.

My point exactly. I took a break for a couple years , house , wedding , babies , but now i'm eager to shop for parts , all show for the moment.. Nice stance will do it for me. Priorities can be a bitch...

x2,moi je choisi mon char a mon gout deja stock,si tes obliger de le modifier,cest que tu n'achete pas le bon!Il y a des details souvent pas a mon gout,mais rien qui depasse la valeur du char ou meme la moitié!

un char lui meme c'est une perte d'argent,le modifier c'est encore pire,alors tant qu'a perdre mon argent je vais la perdre pour un char que je veux vraiment!

I'd like to buy an mk3 to mod and drive on weekends but my daily driver will never be more than lowered on big wheels.

Why? I'm on 6 month leases so it's not worth it. I also do not want to get pulled over for something as stupid as an exhaust.
When? 2008 @ 28 years old

My last modded car (2007):

IMG_3297.jpg

-stopped a few weeks after buying my wagon. Installed the metra kit with the radio from my mx6.
Reason: like it the way it is, and spending money on tools

stopped in 2005 whe I bought my 2001 ranger.
been in the motorcycle world since(not modding)
bought a house since.
will start back on my f150 this summer ( some small mod..nothing to big)

Back