Chrome Plating in Montreal

C.J

Sup everyone!

I have called around & its not something that is available in Ottawa. Was told that there are places in the GTA and in Montreal that do Chrome Plating.
Montreal being closer, I would like to find a good place to have a few parts Chrome Plated.
Anyone know where this can get done ? Would need name, address & website if one available. *tu*

^^They do a nice job but forget good service. Unless your plating a truckload of stuff they treat you like a garbage and throw crazy expensive prices at you.. that's been my experience in the last 10 years that I have talked with them regarding different projects (bike parts, motorcycle stuff, car parts).

I don't blame them in a way because they must get a bunch of ti-coune calls for random junk and they are mostly plating stuff on a commercial and industrial scale. They also have a monopoly because all the other chrome plating shops around the Montreal area specialize only in hydraulic cylinder chrome plating.

polissage & placage M.M.

514-333-6577

je fait souvent affaire avec eux et ils sont vraiment bon et donne un super service

^^They do a nice job but forget good service. Unless your plating a truckload of stuff they treat you like a garbage and throw crazy expensive prices at you.. that's been my experience in the last 10 years that I have talked with them regarding different projects (bike parts, motorcycle stuff, car parts).

I don't blame them in a way because they must get a bunch of ti-coune calls for random junk and they are mostly plating stuff on a commercial and industrial scale. They also have a monopoly because all the other chrome plating shops around the Montreal area specialize only in hydraulic cylinder chrome plating.

you make a somewhat valid point. they tried to throw some ridiculous prices at me. but i told him asked him if he was nuts and then i got some reasonable pricing.

they're expensive but you get what you pay for.

for 800$ + the resale value of your wheel you could easily buy ALMOST any wheels on the market for this week. what's the point?

Exactly what I was thinking. That's $3200 for chrome. That's a sweet ass brand new set of wheels for that price! Is that seriously what it costs for chrome? My mom needs to get her wheels chromed but if that's the price I'll start shopping for new wheels.

That's overkill. Wouldn't it be least expensive to go with a simple chrome powdercoat instead of dipping? Or am I totally missing the point...

Exactly what I was thinking. That's $3200 for chrome. That's a sweet ass brand new set of wheels for that price! Is that seriously what it costs for chrome? My mom needs to get her wheels chromed but if that's the price I'll start shopping for new wheels.

yeah but that really depend the wheels you want to get chromed ... if its a set of CCW like Cj i say go for it :) !! those wheels would be even more baller

guys stop quoting retarded prices out of thin air.

GG is expensive. there are other shops too. GG like to pull crazy quotes out of thin air and if you're stupid they actually charge you that much. they said something like $7/BBS RS bolt for stripping, polishing & chroming. i asked him if he was on crack and he quickly gave me a more acceptable price.. still expensive though.

i will be doing my RS centers in chrome whenever i split them.. they are already polished and ready for chrome..

cost starts at roughyl $200 per center. won't use GG because i have an awesome hook up for all things polished/chromed.

so many variables to consider.. the quality of the work.. how many layers of chrome. are they also stripping and polishing the wheel or center... etc etc etc

Last edited:
i know someone who uses California chrome for all their jobs.. these guys are amazing... have a look at their quotes page... ain't no 800/wheel

http://www.calchrome.com/rechroming.php

"The cost on a rechrome starts at $200 per wheel for up to 20" plus an additional stripping charge, which starts at $35 per wheel. For 22" and larger wheels, costs start at $250 per wheel plus an additional stripping charge, which starts at $50 per wheel."

Back