Old images of Fairview Pointe-Claire?

There was an RC dirt track at the shopping mall parking lot on st-john's corner 20.
Also, at the DDO civic center, in the middle inside there was a round part with 4-5 steps. In the 90's they filled it and made it level with the rest of the floor.
No Library at DDO civic center.
Elm Park had just one soccer field, not 5-6 kiddy fields.
The shitty old pierrefonds rink next to the fire station, accross from wicc.
My backyard was just a field, as in Salabery did not go from St-John's to kirkland.
On Pierrefonds blvd west of Jacques Bizare, there was a Rénovateur Rona. Now its just a field and there is a Rona next door.
The "Emmanuel Christian School" on St-John's near the mazda dealership was a store that sold pools.
Scores was a volvo or bmw dealership (not quite sure which one).
Esso accross from mcdo on st-john's was a Texaco.
HSBC building near the CAA/SAAQ had 2-3 floors less.

I also forgot... CHICHI'S!
That's now where you have "La Sirène" on St-John's corner Labrosse.
"Finesse d'Orient" next to the CAA/SAAQ was a Burger King. The little window that's facing the boulevard was the drive-through.

The dep on the corner of Montrose and Chemin st Marie used to be a full service starion with 2 bays and a car wash, and Montrose didn't connect to the service road.

Who remembers the Subaru dealer in ste annes ? I remember the aventure electronic at fairview,I bought a 36k us robotics modem there way back when.. The Woolworth at fairview also had a lunch counter in the back of the store.

Ive always found the older sears location a better store then the current old eatons store. The giant clock they had in the center was cool

Ya that subaru dealer was so small, they had 1 car outside and like 3 inside. Best of souvenir of Fairview was playing Contra 3 on the snes at Sears, I miss that fountain too

Club Piscine by the Caisse Populaire on Pierrefonds boul used to be a Canadian Tire. I bought my first new bicycle there.

Come to think of it... remember the Canadian Tire on the 40 near St-Charles before they renovated/expanded?

Umm that building was only built in 1995 and was built as a replacement for the store that closed on Pierrefonds Blvd. At the time Canadian Tire was expanding and remodeling stores as part of a 3 step 5 year business plan. It was one of the first CT new "Super Stores" built. Not just an old location renovated into a new store.

just like anywhere else.
Boulevard St-Jean used to be Montée St-Jean when I was a kid.

sarcasm...and that was my point, just like everywhere else. but ITT people are like "OMG 30 years ago my backyard was just fields!!!11!".

wow no shit? find me a place that wasn't.

Warehouse video in the blockbuster mall on St-Jean
Team Spirit and Radical skateshops on St-Jean
BMX track next to PC
Skateshop on Cartier in Pointe Claire..forget the name.
Footloose on Sources

Back