POST UR BIKES 2011 edition

Lonestar

MTL MOTO PRO
Title says it all:

A place to show off ur baby n her mods :bigup:

Here's my baby:

2009 CBR 1000RR Repsol
t067w0.jpg

Some light mods done: Custom FP sport levers, D3 grips and bar ends.
vicrkn.jpg

Gonna soon hook up some SS brakes, Taylormade CF exhaust and possibly an undertail kit in the upcoming months. :D:D:D

Well it came with the bike when I bought it, but the confort is priceless on them. The whole armature is made out of steel, so it's a lot heavier that the OEM seat, but I can ride for ever with this seat without disconfort. Really a good investment if you ride for a long period of time. A little pricey thought, think they are 400$ ish for my bike, but well worth it!

My bike is still asleep :( probably will be until mid April. Question any good motorcycle mechanics in the West? (or anywhere if they're Really good) Looking for a spring tune up possibly a rejet of the carbs.

Title says it all:

A place to show off ur baby n her mods :bigup:

Here's my baby:

2009 CBR 1000RR Repsol
t067w0.jpg

Some light mods done: Custom FP sport levers, D3 grips and bar ends.
vicrkn.jpg

Gonna soon hook up some SS brakes, Taylormade CF exhaust and possibly an undertail kit in the upcoming months. :D:D:D

beauty!!

do they make a 600 version?

My bike is still asleep :( probably will be until mid April. Question any good motorcycle mechanics in the West? (or anywhere if they're Really good) Looking for a spring tune up possibly a rejet of the carbs.

If ur from st-lazare, u definitely need to get in touch with pete's superbike!
He's got a lil shop in vaudreuil n has amazing prices comparable to the states especially when it comes to tires.

Otherwise, for small maintenance stuff u can check out vince from VT maintenance located in Dorval. He does small stuff for about 30$/hr.

If i were u tho, i wouldnt spend any money trying to get a 250r to go faster. Just move on to a bigger bike!

He's got a lil shop in vaudreuil n has amazing prices comparable to the states especially when it comes to tires.

Otherwise, for small maintenance stuff u can check out vince from VT maintenance located in Dorval. He does small stuff for about 30$/hr.

If i were u tho, i wouldnt spend any money trying to get a 250r to go faster. Just move on to a bigger bike!

I'm not trying to get it faster, It's that they jetted the bike REALLY lean from factory to meet standards and when the bike is cold sometimes it's a PITA to start up. The first year I never used choke but last year i slowly had to use it more and more towards the end of the season. Fuel Inject models in Europe don't suffer from this.

As far as service I'm looking for a trustworthy place that will look over the bike and tell me if there's anything up with it (shouldn't be it's a 2 year old bike) and maybe a cable lube.

Any cold start on a carburated bike needs choke to start. Generally speaking, the smaller the cc, the longer it needs to be on the choke to warm up.

On a cold start, i'd leave the choke on for a good 3-4 mins; 2 mins being the minimum for your 250r.. Or get ready to hold the throttle :p

Any cold start on a carburated bike needs choke to start. Generally speaking, the smaller the cc, the longer it needs to be on the choke to warm up.

On a cold start, i'd leave the choke on for a good 3-4 mins; 2 mins being the minimum for your 250r.. Or get ready to hold the throttle :p

Pretty much but what gets me is that it went from 30s - 1 minute no choke to like 2-4 minutes full choke + 2 minutes of driving where it bogs slightly.

I still remember the first season temp was like 3 degrees late Novemeber. I park at Concordia, 5 hours engine off, i walked up to my bike and it started no choke. I'd be damn if I could do that this season.

The only thing that holds me back is the old saying, Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Maybe the carbs are a little gunked and some Seafoam will do the trick :dunno:

Could you post more info on this VT guy? I googled but couldn't get a number or location? Is it the guy on Donegani?

It'd be nice to have someone local.

And I wouldn't recommend Pete's for maintenance. For tires, I wouldn't go anywhere else, but they're too busy with tires to bother with mechanical stuff. Last time I asked, he said to come back in the winter time, lol.

Could you post more info on this VT guy? I googled but couldn't get a number or location? Is it the guy on Donegani?

It'd be nice to have someone local.

And I wouldn't recommend Pete's for maintenance. For tires, I wouldn't go anywhere else, but they're too busy with tires to bother with mechanical stuff. Last time I asked, he said to come back in the winter time, lol.

Vince from VT maintenance (514) 947-0056

1992 suzuki 750 gsxr is still sleeping and it needs to be mounted... going mate white if it come out this summer

Pretty much but what gets me is that it went from 30s - 1 minute no choke to like 2-4 minutes full choke + 2 minutes of driving where it bogs slightly.

I still remember the first season temp was like 3 degrees late Novemeber. I park at Concordia, 5 hours engine off, i walked up to my bike and it started no choke. I'd be damn if I could do that this season.

The only thing that holds me back is the old saying, Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Maybe the carbs are a little gunked and some Seafoam will do the trick :dunno:

I always need to use the choke at any outside temp to start my DRZ. it always start easier that way.
I ride it for a couple of minutes and remove it while riding.
every single carb are like that...you've just been lucky that it ways starting easy at the beginning.

I always need to use the choke at any outside temp to start my DRZ. it always start easier that way.
I ride it for a couple of minutes and remove it while riding.
every single carb are like that...you've just been lucky that it ways starting easy at the beginning.

Me semble que c'est pas bon rouler sur le choke, t'es mieux de le laisser sur le idle sur le choke se réchauffer et quand tu part avec tu retire le choke non? Sinon ça encrasse pas mal!

Back