Exhaust systems in Quebec

Have you gotten a ticket with your aftermarket exhaust

• Total voters

PJizle

For so long I've fought temptation to buy a complete set up simply because of the possibility continuous 150$ tickets but I keep hearing people who have exhausts say they've never been bothered as long as they didn't drive like idiots when cops were near by.

How many here have gotten tickets?
Recommend or not?

There's a poll for those who have aftermarket exhausts. Please vote.

It really depends on the car......if u drive a civic prepared to be bothered, if u drive a big block V8 muscle car they usually make it slide!!!

if you have JDM with 4" , they usually give you a ticket cause they know its not stock lol.
If you have a civic that makes noise , you get a ticket. Even your catback is stuck but if you have magnaflow / straight pipe, its ticket for sure.

In your avatar it seems you have a prelude, it should be border line i would say. Obviously dont buy any N1 mufflers.

you're going to be hassled since you drive a Honda.

I haven't been harassed yet in the jetta. *knock on wood*

on my civic, I got a ticket within a couple of months. But that was when they first started giving out the tickets a couple of years back.

Yeah, that's really why I've pushed it off for so long. I know I drive a Honda and feared being harassed by cops and the almost unavoidable fart can sound but now I'm looking at putting anywhere from 400-600$ on a quality set up that won't sound stupid and give me some performance boost and was just curious from past experience of MR members.

I got one with my 300zx when they where giving out the tickets and I was now asking myself the same question .. It shouldn't be a real problem with an A4 but, now I have a test pipe and dnt feel like playing with fire with this around of 1000$ no cat ticket

It's just stupid that there's no fixed law on this. Some says it's legal others don't. Don't want to turn this into another Qc bash thread but damn this is stupid.

have not changed my exhaust so im useless here, but because im jdm , oh look at him pull him over...

i got pulled over 1 time in 5 years with my integra that was pretty loud . the time i got pulled over i was cruising in fifth gear at just enough throttle to keep the car rolling at around 50-60km/h on st denis corner jean talon with 0 sound comming from the car . long story short he pulled me over for my headlights that were legit so had to find something else to ticket me for .

drive properly and u wont have problems

I got a ticket two weeks after I bought my car, I changed my exhaust for oem right after, and then put an aftermarket downpipe to get back the lost boost pressure. But my old exhaust was really noisy. I got a kakimoto jasma exhaust with my engine clip, but it's bent a bit, dont' know if I can fix it, and it's much heavier than my old kakimoto (but not more than oem probably).

My new bike has and aftermarket exhaust too, haven't ride it yet, so I'll see how it goes this summer.

plus jeune j'ai eu environ 3-4 tickets d'exhaust et j'sais pu combien d'avertissement avec ma vieille lude...

maintenant j'ai un muffler OEM, acheter flambette 200$

En autant que le tip soit pas un twin 4" DTM chrome, tu devrais pas avoir de trouble. J'ai roulé l'été dernier avec un Eurosport 2.25" sur ma Jetta et j'ai jamais eu de ticket. En plus le char est turquoise petant et slammé à terre, les cops disent jamais rien.

Slap a Fart can on at an angle and you'll be ticketed.
Put on an exhaust system that looks stock but gives a reasonable performance boost and you'll be good to go.

pjizzzzzle!
hope all is well man!

take it from me.

Paid 1100$ at rawtek for my exhaust system. so it can be as silent as possible. and it was. Deep but not loud. Had a huge 18 inch muffler and 22 inch resonator on 2¼" piping.
Drove respectfully all the time. The proof is my 65 year old neighbour would never get bothered when I would come back at 2-3am in the morning almost every night during the summer or start it up and go to work at 7am.

Southshore man, got 4 tickets in total and about 6 warnings. Most of them let me off probably because how clean the rest of my car was.

Dont do it.

No matter what the hell you drive, south shore police will stop you man.

Near the end (right before I sold my car) I was on the verge of just ordering an OEM muffler cause I was tired of getting hassled.

got 3 tickets since 2 years with my s2k but my exhaust is loud as fck :/...full titanium race exhaust.

it's not because you drive a honda guys.

I have a s2000, cops never bothered me , i have dual 3.5" invidia N1 exhaust straight pipe. Ear blowing on highway.
I always pass by cops like this but i sold the exhaust cause its just too loud.

i drive a V8 with no muffler dual 3" pipe never got a ticket

your car is expected to be driven by mature people thats why ;)

And to the people that say drive respectfully, you'll be fine. I got ticketed twice at a redlight with the cop behind me.

1) Before my RPM could even reach 2k, with throttle at like 5-10%, the guy already had his lights on.

2) The other pulled me over AND EVEN SAID IT HIMSELF: "Je tarrete pas a cause du bruit. Ton embout est chromé et je sais cest pas stock." WTF?!?!?!

à trop bas régime ça a beau être moins fort, souvent ça sonne plus rough, donc c'est pas mieux...

Back